Meet Cate Tallman-Evans
- we hear you. VALLETTA, SUE; K., Deborah; R., Carol; H., Becky // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Apr/May2016, Issue 451, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented which discuss topics including the statement issued by Quilt National judge Judy Schwender on defining quilting as art in the October/November 2015 issue, becoming a quiltmaker instead of a fabric collector, and quilting-related struggles.
- MICHAEL JAMES: The Dematerialized Quilt. Hornung, David // Fiberarts;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
The article describes the work of quiltmaker Michael James citing his dematerialized quilt. His 1990 exhibit at Clark University emphasized developments related to quilts. His art has more in common with the minimal and color-field painters of the 1950s and 1960s than with either the handcraft...
- Pick Your Eye Back Up Again: Willia Ette Graham's Piecework. Leon, Eli // Fiberarts;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p20
The article focuses on the author's view on the work of quilt maker Willia Ette Graham. The author states that Graham was an outstanding skillful as well as knowledgeable quilt maker because she could quilt any top no matter lumpily it was constructed. She adds that Graham's writings, with...
- Six-Sided Versatility? Hexactly! Dudley, June // Quiltmaker;May/Jun2013, Issue 151, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics related to quilting including antique quilts, hexagons, and florals.
- QUILTED. // Crafts (0306610X);Jul/Aug2007, Issue 207, p16
The article offers information on the annual Festival of Quilts to be held at the NEC in Birmingham, England from August 16-19, 2007. Janice Gunner, president of the Quilters' Guild of the British Isles, claims that the event has become a window for both British and European quilts. She explains...
- Looking for Inspiration... Vagts, Carolyn S. // Quilter's World;Summer2014, Vol. 36 Issue 2, Special section p2
The article offers insights about fabric collections for quilters.
- follow the thread. Lovelace, Joyce // American Craft;Jun/Jul2015, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p76
The article examines the life and work of the artisan Paula Kovarik. Particular focus is given her work in quiltmaking. Additional topics discussed include insights on her artistic techniques, her previous work as a graphic designer and how her quilts examines earth-related themes including...
- in the SPOTLIGHT. Cavaness, Amy // Quilting Arts Magazine;Oct/Nov2014, Issue 71, p70
In the article, the author discusses her experiences and techniques as an art quilter. She claims that her philosophy in quilting is to use fabric as a medium, as well as to explore its many qualities and use said qualities creatively in her art. She says that her primary construction style is...
- What Was I Thinking? ROCCO, PAM // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Apr/May2014, Issue 439, p62
The author talks about how his quilts reflect his thinking. He mentions how he created quilts featuring aerial landscape. He cites that he also created patterns resembling hay bales, a chicken coop and a floor plan. He says the outcome of his quiltmaking lets him know what he was thinking while...