Quilting for Cancer Groups
- Komen Northeast Ohio Grants Nearly $1.2 Mln for Local Breast Cancer Programs. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/7/2011, p196
The article focuses on the 1.2-million-dollar grants from Susan G. Komen for the Cure Northeast Ohio for local breast cancer programs in the state. Such grants will benefit thousands of men and women in the state to obtain life-saving screening, breast cancer education and survivor support...
- Close to Our Hearts. Drew, Ainsley // Curve;Apr2009, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the campaign of fashion designer Julia Fiske against breast cancer. It notes that Fiske witnessed the impact of breast cancer on two of her family members who lost both breasts to the disease, urging her to established the fashion company Save the Ta-tas. The company which...
- The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. // Neoplasia;Oct99, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p379
Presents information on the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Origin of the foundation; Objectives of the foundation; Examples of programs offered by the foundation.
- Wear it Pink. // Cabinet Maker;10/23/2009, Issue 5660, p3
The article announces that the "Cabinet Maker" journal is supporting the Breast Cancer Campaign on October 30, 2009 and by wearing pink to support the charity in Great Britain.
- wear it pink. // Cabinet Maker;10/30/2009, Issue 5661, p3
The article reports on the fun-packed charitable event "Wear It Pink" to support the Breast Cancer Campaign in Great Britain.
- Training is key to women's breast health. Cerini, Kenneth R. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/31/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 23, p40A
Features the Maurer Foundation for Breast Health Education in Long Island, New York. Knowledge provided on women to lower the risk of getting the disease; Difference of the foundation from other breast cancer organizations; Amount spent on breast cancer research and education programs.
- Help Yourself. // South County Journal;11/2/2011, Vol. 56 Issue 44, pB2
The article features readers queries or requests, including individuals or quilt groups who may be interested in a donation of over 200 35millimeter slides of quilts, a phone number that can be put on the Do Not Call registry for political advertisements, and anyone who may still be collecting...
- Slow boats on the Murray. // Australian Geographic;Jul-Sep95, Issue 39, p10
Informs about the raising of funds for the South Australian Anti-Cancer Foundation by Adelaide schoolboys Stephen Phillips and Ashley Manos and adventurer David Mallett, by paddling 400km down the Murray River.
- The stories you read most on our website this week. // Third Sector;2/18/2014, Issue 786, p5
The article presents an overview of news stories published in the online platform thirdsector.co.uk as of February 18, 2014, including the article "Cancer charities criticise Pancreatic Cancer Action's 'insensitive' adverts."