Stay in Stitches
- Quilt Connections. Wildemuth, Susan // Quilter's World;Oct2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p14
This article focuses on the efforts of quilters to support breast cancer awareness, education and research, as of October 2005. Several contests, on-going projects and special events work to provide funding for breast cancer research. They include Quilt For A Cure, the response of Bonnie Benn...
- Quilt For A Cure: Crafting Hope. Garner-Wizard, Mariann // HerbalGram;Summer2002, Issue 55, p42
Focuses on a program of quilters and quilt shop owners which aims to provide funds for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation in the U.S. Prevalence of breast cancer; Survival rates for men and women; Activities of the Foundation. INSETS: Breast Cancer Facts;New Research.
- TDA issues call for quilters. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/31/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p5
The article reports that the Texas Department of Agriculture has issued a call for quilters.
- A quilt of international friendship. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;11/20/95, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p26
Features quilter Jodi Horne of Leduc, Alberta, who won the country-wide competition to supply Canada's share of a United Nations 50th anniversary quilt. Personal information; Her comments.
- Little Lamb Bib & Burp Pad. // Quilter's World;Apr2010, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p12
The article offers step-by-step instructions to quilters on sewing the Little Lamb bib and burp pad.
- FROM Marianne Fons & Liz Porter. // Fons & Porters For the Love of Quilting;Mar/Apr2012, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss articles published within the issue, including "Trellis of Mums," "White Labyrinth," and "Marianne's Northport Crossing."
- Department of Agriculture asks quilters to join competition. // Graham Leader;3/14/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 61, p8B
The article presents information on the 2012 quilt block competition which is being organized by the Texas Department of Agriculture and mentions that agriculture commissioner Todd Staples has asked quilters across Texas to participate.
- Classic Nines. // Nine Patch Panache;6/1/2012, p4
The article presents Nine-Patch quilt designs to inspire quiltmakers to make a masterpiece.
- Going in Circles. Searcey, Maurice // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Aug/Sep2012, Issue 429, p84
A letter to the editor is presented regarding a quilt made by Schyler Searcey, a 13 year old girl, for her bed that won position at the Oklahoma State Fair.