- General Information. // Warm Hands Warm the Heart;2010, p40
The article offers general information about knitting. It presents the abbreviations and symbols used in knitting work such as ch for chain stitch, g for gram, and mc for main color. It notes the skill levels for this work from beginner to easy, intermediate, and to experienced. The standard...
- CROCHET CLASS. // Creative Knitting;May2010, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p97
The article presents crochet stitch abbreviations and crochet types including half double crochet, double crochet, and slip stitch.
- What Does SSK Mean? Wesley, Kathy // Creative Knitting;Jul2008, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p62
The article discusses the abbreviation ssk, which is frequently written out as "slip, slip, knit." It is often interpreted incorrectly as slip a stitch, slip another stitch and then knit the next stitch. It provides instructions to work the ssk correctly.
- Basic Knitting Instructions. // Love of Knitting;Spring2015, p92
The article offers information on the basic instructions for knitting. Topics include the weight system for the standard yarn, the skill levels of knitting, and some abbreviations for standard knitting, standard crochet, and the instructions for twisted loop cast, knit stitch, and purl stitch,...
- How Do I Read Cable or Lace Symbols From a Chart? // Creative Knitting;Oct2011, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p82
The article offers tips on reading cable or lace symbols from a chart. Each square on a chart represents a stitch. Before beginning a project, an individual is advised to check the stitch key and become familiar with the various symbols used on the chart. It is also suggested to read the chart...
- Pattern information. // Machine Knitting Monthly;Jun2013, Issue 185, p62
The article provides information on the patterns used in knitting. Among the standard abbreviations used in knitting are alt for alternate, beg for beginning and ch for chain. It offers the formula used in converting the knitting patterns. Charts listing the industrial counts, quick guide,...
- EDITOR'S LETTER. // Creative Knitting;Oct2011, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p5
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one that features various knitting tools, another one that provides step-by-step guide on knitting inset pocket and another one that presents knitting tips.
- strands. Smith, Marcy // Interweave Crochet;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p2
The article discusses various topics published within the issue including freehand sock crochet by native people and experiences of crocheters.
- Every Day's a Holiday. // Crochet With Bits & Pieces;2005, p148
An introduction to crocheting projects in this issue is presented.