Crochet: It's a Guy Thing, Too!
- Take a pliabel strand and loop it; loop it again and again. Malarcher, Patricia // Surface Design Journal;Summer2009, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p2
The article discusses the difference between knitting and crocheting. It is believed that knitting was discovered in the 11th century common era, while crocheting was in the 18th century when embroidery was introduced. It was found that crocheting was associated with the creation of adornment...
- FINE ART CRAFT. Schneider, Wolf // Southwest Art;Apr2008, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p62
The article profiles Arizona-based artist Joan Dulla. Dulla is known for crocheting gold, copper, silver and niobium wire into jewelry, teapots, bowls and other sculptural objects. She also incorporates beads, freshwater pearls and Swarovski crystals into her artworks from time to time. Dulla...
- KATHLEEN HOLMES. // Crochet!;May2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p48
The article offers a look at the works of crochet artist Kathleen Holmes. She admits that when she was a child she was visually taught about the repetitive patterns associated with the architecture of crochet. She claims that crocheting is the greatest passion of her family. A description of how...
- GRANULE STITCH & STAGGERED DIAMONDS. // Crochet!;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p20
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making the granule stitch and the staggered diamond crochet patterns.
- DOUBLE TAKE. // Crochet!;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p34
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making crochet slippers and neck warmers.
- A TUTORIAL IN FILET CROCHET. KINSLER, GWEN BLAKLEY // Crochet!;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p38
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a filet crochet.
- INSIDER SHAPING SECRETS. SIMS, DARLA // Crochet!;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p52
The article offers step-by-step instructions for various crocheting techniques.
- GREAT STOCKING STUFFERS. // Crochet!;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p58
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a crochet stocking stuffer.
- A NOTE FROM THE EDITOR. Alexander, Carol // Crochet!;Mar2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p6
This article introduces the content of the March 2010 issue of the magazine "Crochet!," including articles on crocheting techniques and instructions.