Wild & Wonderful From N.Y. Yarns!
- Introduction. Dupernex, Alison // Start to Knit;2008, p4
The article provides an introduction to the craft of knitting. Knitting is essentially looping and interlocking a length of yarn using two sticks to produce a fabric. In previous times, families reportedly often created their own original stitch patterns based on the area they lived in. The...
- What you need to know. Dupernex, Alison // Start to Knit;2008, p10
The article discusses needed information when starting to knit. It presents a table of abbreviations of common terms that are indicated in most knitting patterns. It lists the various weights of yarns based on British and American measurements. The author shares that tension or gauge can be...
- Techbrief. // Building Design;11/24/2006, Issue 1748, p19
The article presents news briefs related to architecture and building designs in the Great Britain. Flooring specialist Amico has introduced a range of new tiles in its Color Zone Brights range. Sekisui has collaborated with glass laminator t4 Design to devise a method for capturing photographic...
- MASTERING THE ART OF COLOR BLOCKING. SIMS, DARLA // Crochet!;Winter2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p54
The article offers suggestions and tips for crocheters on how to get smooth, professional-looking results from color blocking. One is to avoid mixing more than three colors together for it may make the wearer's body looks wider and shorter. Another is to use one of the neutral colors to outline...
- FLEECY FRIENDS. Boyd, Amanda // Cincinnati Magazine;Jan2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p28
This article presents information related to author's interest in knitting. To the author knitting looks like active meditation, a sort of tai chi where fingers, needles, and yarn move in prescribed patterns. Shops like Knit Happens in Oakley and Knit On in Bellevue serve practitioners of this...
- Basic Knitting Instructions. // Love of Knitting;Winter2014, p92
The article offers information related to the basics of knitting and crocheting. Topics discussed include categories of gauge ranges, yarn, and recommended sizes of needles and hooks, standard abbreviations for knitting and crocheting, and instructions for twisted loop cast on, knitted cast on,...
- Techniques. Dupernex, Alison // Start to Knit;2008, p12
The article offers step-by-step instructions for knitting techniques including making a slip knot, casting on yarn, and knitting a garter stitch.
- CROCHET SOLUTIONS 101. SIMS, DARLA // Crochet!;Winter2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p29
The article presents questions and answers related to the art of crocheting including one on crochet ribbing, one on yarn weight, and one on estimating the amount of yarn needed to finish another row.
- yarn shop DIRECTORY. // Interweave Knits;Fall2014, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p128
No abstract available.