Come, let's to bed
- The truth about bed rest. ACOSTA, KIM SCHWORM // Fit Pregnancy;Aug/Sep2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p127
The article discusses side affects of bed rest during pregnancy that includes muscle atrophy, cardiovascular deconditioning, potential bone loss and depression.
- home sweet home? Kaplan, Cynthia // Health (Time Inc. Health);Mar2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p94
Focuses on the disadvantages of spending bed rest with parents. Examples of the protective behavior of parents; Recommended relaxation activities for individuals who are taking work breaks.
- New findings on low back pain. // HealthFacts;Mar95, Vol. 20 Issue 190, p5
Reports that bed rest is not advisable for people suffering from acute low back pain. Rapid recovery with people who continued their ordinary activities within the limits permitted by the pain.
- No need to advise bed rest for pregnant women with hypertension. // Pulse;2/24/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p11
The article explores the insufficiency of evidence for advising women with hypertension in pregnancy to bed rest by the Cochrane Collaboration in Great Britain.
- Fla. woman fights ruling that kept her in hospital. Kaczor, Bill // Buffalo Law Journal;1/28/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p9
The article reports that an appeal has been made by Tallahassee, Florida-resident Samantha Burton regarding the ruling which required her on bed rest in hospital during her pregnancy.
- Standing Up to Back Pain. Whitaker, Julian // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Oct2002, Issue 240, p70
Presents tips to alleviate back pain. Minimization of bed rest; Suggestion on relieving pain naturally; Statistics on the prevalence of back pain. INSETS: Achy Numbers;Stages of Low Back Pain;Quiz: HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BACK PAIN?.
- Bed Rest After Myocardial Infarction. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep73, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p449
Discusses the issue concerning bed rest after myocardial infarction. Ignorance of some physicians on the effects of acute myocardial infarction; Relationship between the length of bed rest and complication or death rates after myocardial infarction.
- Listen when your body says, 'Give it a rest'. FULLER, MICHAEL // South County Journal;2/6/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 6, pB2
In this article, the author reflects on the importance of taking rest during illness and he states that there are two reasons for giving rest to the body when a person is suffering from any infection such as preventing spread of the infection and providing recovery time to body.
- bedrest. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p253
Two definitions of the term "bedrest," are presented, which may refer to a device for propping up patients in bed or the confining of a patient to bed for rest.