Mister Connerly Comes to Florida
- At it Again: Affirmative Action Foe Ward Connerly Returns. Moore, Natalie Y. // Crisis (15591573);Winter2008, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the plan of Super Tuesday for Equal Rights to use the 2008 presidential election to get anti-affirmative action legislation on the November 2008 ballot. The targeted states are Arizona, Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma. Affirmative action foe Ward Connerly, says...
- Connerly Leads Fight to Establish Color-Blind Society. Murdock, Deroy // Insight on the News;7/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p44
Reports on the initiative of political activist Ward Connerly to prevent state agencies from asking about and acting upon the racial makeup of its residents through the Racial Privacy Initiative (RPI). Overview of ethnicity considered by universities in admitting students; Objective of the RPI;...
- Ward Connerly's night. // Human Events;2/28/97, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p24
Reports on a testimonial held in honor of California Civil Rights Initiative proponent Ward Connerly at Mayflower Hotel in Washington on February 12, 1997.
- Untitled. Connerly, Ward // National Review;12/22/1997, Vol. 49 Issue 24, p48
A quote by Ward Connerly about equality before the law in the U.S. is presented.
- Black university of CA regents member fostered move to review affirmative action there. // Jet;8/7/95, Vol. 88 Issue 13, p12
Features regent Ward Connerly of the University of California's Board of Regent and his role in the dismantling of the affirmative action program. Recipient of government affirmative action contracts; Personal and educational background of Connerly; Appointment as Regent in 1993; Comment from...
- RACE MATTERS. Coleman, Trevor W. // New Crisis (15591603);Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on the debate over the proposed Racial Privacy Initiative in California which forbids the state and all of its agencies to collect data relevant to race and ethnic characteristics of its citizens. Claim of businessman Ward Connerly on the proposal; Response of opponents to the proposal;...
- Gearing up for a `racial Super Bowl.' Tharp, Mike // U.S. News & World Report;3/25/96, Vol. 120 Issue 12, p22
Profiles Ward Connerly, the member of the University of California Board of Regents who is leading the fight for the California Civil Rights Initiative. His background; Details of the initiative which would abolish preferences for minorities and women in state jobs; Critics including...
- Ward Connerly won the battle now he's facing the war. Watters, Ethan // Mother Jones;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p71
Features Ward Connerly of the University of California. Effects of the successful campaign of Connerly on the Proposition 209 to eliminate racial preferences; His stand on the proposal to double outreach money to the fifty lowest-performing schools in California; His comment on how people view...
- Deadline up for Creating Emmys. // Daily Variety;8/10/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 26, p2
The article reports on the final invitation for at-home judging ballots for the 62nd annual Creative Arts Emmy Awards, which is due on August 10, 2010 at the offices in Los Angeles, California.