Crisis in Kosovo
- C-130 units conclude support for shining hope. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct99, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p29
Reports on the contributions of the United States Air Force Reserve Command C-130 to the humanitarian mission, Operation Shining Hope deployed to help the refugees in Kosovo, Serbia. Number of passengers airlifted by the C-130 unit; Various missions accomplished by the unit.
- Next Stop, Kosovo. Kitfield, James // National Journal;2/27/99, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p552
Interviews General Dennis J. Reimer, chief of staff of the United States Army. US forces deployment to Kosovo; Increased use of the Army Reserve and Army National Guard for peacekeeping operations; Reactions to criticisms of the command climate and morale in the Army.
- America unsettled over global role. Landay, Jonathan S. // Christian Science Monitor;2/18/99, Vol. 91 Issue 57, p1
Reports that as United States President Bill Clinton is planning to send American soldiers to Serbia's Kosovo province, many Americans are feeling apprehensive. The length, risk and cost of deployment; The strain on an overstretched military; the importance of Kosovo to the overall security of...
- KFOR Prep. // Soldiers;Feb2000, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p28
Describes the pre-deployment training of United States soldiers at the 7th Army Training Command's Combat Maneuver Training Center in Hohenfels, Germany before they are assigned to Kosovo. Defense strategy; Protection of comrades from hostile elements; Attack strategy.
- USA. // Christian Science Monitor;3/12/99, Vol. 91 Issue 73, p24
Offers United States news briefs for March 12, 1999. Debate on a possible deployment of troops to Kosovo in the US House of Representatives; Report that the United States was involved in equipping and training Guatemalan security forces who murdered civilians in the nation's civil war; The 1998...
- House OKs Bankruptcy Reform, Debates Defense Funding, Senate Ends Kosovo Debate, Rejects Cap on Y2K Damages. // Human Events;05/14/99, Vol. 55 Issue 18, p27
Reports that the United States House of Representatives on April 28 votes on four measures concerning President Bill Clinton's Kosovo policy. Representatives who voted on the declaration of war against Yugoslavia; Bankruptcy reform bill approved by the US House; Debates on the supplemental...
- Major Air Force bases overseas. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p38
Identifies the location of the major United States Air Force bases (AFB) overseas. Includes the Howard AFB in Panama; Incirlik Air Base (AB) in Turkey; Kadena AB in Japan; Andersen AFB in Guam.
- The `Blast' in Belgrade. Barela, Tim // Airman;Sep99, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p25
Focuses on the 31st Air Expedition Wing of the United States Air Force and on its munition storage area at Aviano Air Base, Italy. Involvement on the 78 days of intense bombing from March 24 to June 9, 1999 against Yugoslavia; Challenges they faced during the bombings; Types of bombs built by...
- The Final Scene: Howard AFB, Republic of Panama. Brownhill, Curtis L. // Air Power History;Summer2001, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the official transfer of the United States Air Force's Howard Air Force Base, Republic of Panama to the government of Panama in accordance with Carter-Torrijos Panama Canal and Neutrality Treaties of 1977. Moment of international importance and tribute to the region and two nations;...