C'mon & Take a Free Ride
- Kenya-Zambia locked in flights battle. Kunda, Anthony // African Business;Sep97, Issue 224, p12
Reports on the ongoing row between the Zambian and Kenyan governments over flights into the latter country. Issue of the number of flights Kenya airways is allowed to make to Zambia; Negotiations between the two companies to settle the dispute.
- Flights of fancy. Street, Jennie // African Business;Sep97, Issue 224, p41
Focuses on the improvements happening in Eritrea's civil aviation sector. Development of the Asmara International Airport; Country's acceptance into the International Civil Aviation Organization; Increasing international passenger and cargo traffic going through Asmara airport; Foreign...
- Business briefing. // Interavia Business & Technology;Oct96, Vol. 51 Issue 603, p8
Presents aerospace company news update. Bombardier `CRJ-X' the proposed version of Canadair Regional Jet; General Motors selling of Hughes Electronics which include aerospace and defence electronic businesses; German defence minister Volker Ruhe commitment to the production of `EF2000';...
- Is there a market? Condom, Pierre // Interavia Business & Technology;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 53 Issue 622, p4
Editorial. Questions the existence of a market for a very large commercial aircraft. Market studies produced by Boeing and Airbus Industrie in support of their opposing product strategies; Financial implications of aircraft companies' product strategies; Importance of market surveys to the...
- Business briefing. // Interavia Business & Technology;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 53 Issue 622, p8
Presents news and developments in the commercial aviation industry as of July 1998. Includes the worldwide partnership of Dasa's Defence and Civil Systems Business Unit with Sun Microsystems and Hewlett-Packard in the area of C4ISR systems; Move of Boeing and Bell to suspend the sale of...
- McCarran moves up in worldwide traffic rankings. Timmons, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;05/05/97, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p35
Presents news and developments concerning the air transportation industry in Las Vegas, Nevada as of May 5, 1997. Includes McCarran International Airport's increase in passenger count; Delta Airline's net income for the March quarter; America West Holdings Corp.'s income for the first quarter...
- Air Battle. Boyce, Clayton // Traffic World;2/12/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 7, p7
Editorial. Focuses on issues related to air transportation in the U.S. Need to improve airports and add runways to deal with overload of air transportation system; Uncertainty on privatization of air traffic control system; Issues regarding mergers of airlines.
- Indian medium-range transport study. // Interavia Business & Technology;Nov93, Vol. 48 Issue 572, p14
Discusses the results of a study on air transportation in India. Target average growth per year; Need for new 120-passenger class aircrafts; Prospects for India's construction of a modern 120-passenger airliner; Feasibility study for the medium range transport aircraft.
- Latin America report. // Air Transport World;Aug95, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p16
Presents newsbriefs from the world of air transport business from Latin America. Implementation of the route-restructuring program by Varig in Brazil; Clarification made by Lloyd Aereo Boliviano regarding its privatization policies; Expansion of business by LanChile.