The Sands of Time
- Correcting the moral compass. Newman, Richard J. // U.S. News & World Report;3/10/97, Vol. 122 Issue 9, p12
Suggests that a climate of ethical corrosion exists in the US Air Force, which is resulting in corners being cut. View that the problems contributed to the plane crash that killed Commerce Secretary Ron Brown; Possible remedys included in an unusually candid `little blue book' being...
- We Don't Really Take Care of Our People, But We Could. Ray, Commander David M. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov2014, Vol. 140 Issue 11, p12
In this article, the author reflects on the need for the U.S. Navy to take care of its officers. Topics discussed include helping a E-3 hospital corpsman talking to the U.S. Air Force sergeant in the passenger terminal at al Udeid Air Base, Qatar on how to get into Iraq, making own hotel...
- For the Air Reserve Personnel Center, it was a decade of mobilizations. Nelson, Mark // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2013, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p18
The article presents a history of the U.S. Air Reserve Personnel Center at Buckley Air Force Base in Colorado in honor of its 60th anniversary. It mentions that officials at the center executed mobilizations in the 1960s including the Berlin Crisis of 1961, the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962, and...
- Military Bases Close in Panama,New Bases Open in Ecuador and Dutch Antilles. Lindsay-Poland, John // NACLA Report on the Americas;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p52
Reports on the opening of United States military bases in Latin America after the closure of Howard Air Base in Panama on May 4, 1999. Information on the military operation at Howard Base; Negotiations for a military base in Costa Rica; Possibility for another agreement for the Panama base...
- AVIANO'S RENAISSANCE. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Nov2000, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p24
Features the Aviano 2000 military base of the United States Air Force in Italy. Details on the construction of the military base; Origin of the construction project; Information on the contingency and housing upgrades of the project; Benefits of the project.
- Philippines: Back to second base. Pritchard, Chris // BRW;1/30/95, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p45
Discusses the conversion plans of the Clark Air Base in the Philippines into a commercial and industrial site. Plan to construct an international airport in the former military base; Importance of Clark's revival to the economic growth of Luzon; Condition of the Subic Naval Base after the...
- High-fivin' `n' Huggin'. Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;Apr2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on the Musgrove Family Bowl, a bowling program for mentally disabled United States Air Force family members in Clearfield, Utah. Benefits of the program; Other games included in the program; Experiences of the handicapped athletes who participated in the program.
- United States Air Force time line - 1947 - 1997. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/16/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 16, p74
Presents lists of US Air Force commanders and secretaries from 1947-1997, and the dates they held their positions. Secretaries of the Air Force; Air Force chiefs of staff; Commanders of the Air Force Logistics Command, Air Force Space Command, Strategic Air Command, Military Airlift Command,...
- USAFA instructor opportunities. // Airpower Journal;Summer91, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p93
Reports on the Military Studies Division at the United States Air Force Academy's search for captains for instructor duty in the summer of 1991 and beyond. Qualifications; Sponsored masteral education for selected instructors.