- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Sep2011, Vol. 164 Issue 9, p109
The article presents several apparatus acquired by various fire departments in the U.S. Four KME tractor-drawn aerial ladder trucks were delivered to the Los Angeles County (California) Fire Department. A Ferrara Fire Apparatus pumper was deployed by the Polk County (Florida) Fire Rescue at a...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p172
Features equipments in fire department in the U.S. Uses of the U.S. Tanker Rescue Pumper by the Lake Township Fire Department; Features of the American La France by the Ville de Longueil; Significance of the Sutphen apparatus by the Frankfort fire & EMS Department.
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Dec2005, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p86
The article reports on the delivery of three truck engines to fire departments in the United States. An 180-foot rescue truck from Marion Body Works was delivered to the DeWitt Fire Department. A heavy-duty aerial ladder from Smeal Fire Apparatus was delivered to the Hazelwood Fire Department. A...
- Apparatus Upgrades: Refurbishment of New? Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 157, p49
Presents a guideline in refurbishing the apparatus for fire extinction. Levels of refurbishment; Caution in checking different parts of the apparatus; Considerations on whether a device needs an upgrade.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Aug2004, Vol. 157 Issue 8, p150
Provides information related to the equipment and apparatus used by the Ashbury Community Fire Department in Dubuque, Iowa. Dimensions of the Enforcer chassis; Engine specifications of the department's fire trucks; Total volume holding capacity of the fire engines; Shields and floodlights.
- California Dept. of Forestry and Fire Protection. // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, Special section p5
The article features the release of the enhanced version of the Model 14, the Model 34 CDF engines, built by Placer Fire Equipment for the California Department of Forestry (CDF) and Fire Protection. The new model's specifications was released by Jay MacDonald, the Senior Forestry Equipment...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Oct2006, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p151
The article evaluates several fire engines from various fire departments in the U.S. including the Smeal pumper from Fire District 8 in Laramie County, Wyoming, Ferrara pumper designed by the Fire Rescue Department in Gila Bend, Arizona and the American Lafrance pumper from Richmond Engine 1 in...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Dec2008, Vol. 161 Issue 12, p141
This section offers news briefs on apparatus deliveries to fire departments across the U.S. It outlines the features and equipment of the two HME pumpers of Skagit County Fire District 3 in Washington. A description of the two pumpers and one wildland interface vehicle of the Redlands Fire...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Nov2007, Vol. 160 Issue 11, p134
The author reports on fire fighting equipment which is being used by fire departments throughout the United States. The various pieces of equipment which are discussed in the article include a quick attack/ medical rescue unit, a air/light truck manufactured by SVI Trucks Inc. and a pumper which...