- Mine Safety Appliances Company. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec2005, Vol. 232 Issue 12, p61
The article reports that Mine Safety Appliances Co.'s upgraded Orion Plus Infrared Detector, a compact hand-held multigas monitor, has been enhanced for even greater versatility. Sensing technology options include electrochemical, catalytic combustion and dual-beam infrared. Features include...
- ALTAIR family specializes in gas detection. // Bulk Transporter;Dec2007, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p41
The article evaluates a series of gas detectors and test equipment from ALTAIR.
- En Garde. // Fire Chief;Jul2009, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p82
The article evaluates several equipments and supplies for firefighters including the Defender visor helmet from Mine Safety Appliances Co., the Safety Site with light emitting diode (LED) light from Whelen Engineering Co., and the Power HV 14-inch structural bunker boot from Weinbrenner Shoe Co.
- EQUIPMENT NEWS. // Fire Chief;Sep2005, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p90
Presents various equipment for firefighting in the United States. Gas monitor device; Telepike Pole for making ventilation openings during firefighting operations; Hydraulic hose system.
- Wares with All. // Fire Chief;Sep2005, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p101
Features various products and services seen at the Fire Rescue International 2005 exhibit in Denver, Colorado. Chemical identification system from Ahura Corp.; Magnum fire and rescue vehicles from Ansul Inc.; Rope-rescue system from Amkus.
- EQUIPMENT NEWS. // Fire Chief;Apr2006, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p94
The article introduces several equipment used in firefighting. The TurboFlare Alert from Synergy Design Group Inc. is an electronic motion detector early warning and anti-theft system. The Zeno datalogger from Coastal Environment Systems has a universal serial interface. The Dehydrator...
- New White Paper : The Evolution of Gas Detectors. // Occupational Hazards;Sep2007, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p22
The article provides information on "The Evolution of Gas Detectors," a white paper released by manufacturer of safety products, MSA. The paper focuses on the development of portable gas detection instruments. The development was made from the company's initial designs through small, lightweight...
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Sep2009, Vol. 162 Issue 9, p125
The article evaluates several fire fighting products such as Reactive Skin Decontamination Lotion (RSDL) made by RSDecon, MX4 IQUAD gas detector made by Industrial Scientific and NOMEX ON DEMAND clothing by DuPont.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p126
Presents various fire prevention equipment and devices. Details of the Quic-Carry Air-Caddy Cylinder Carrier by Ziamatic Corp.; Functions of the Gasalertmicro 5 PID by BW Technologies Inc.; Features of the Firetrax v1.7 Personnel Accountability Solution by Salamander Technologies Inc.