OUT WITH THE OLD
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p124
Presents various fire prevention equipment and supplies provided to local fire departments in the U.S.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p130
Features several fire vehicles used by different fire departments for fire fighting in the U.S. Design of the RESCUE 1 unit vehicle of Hastings Fire Rescue; Use of Marion Body in the Grisworld Fire Department; Description of the Pierce platform quint owned by the Fuquay-Varina Fire Department.
- Tricks of the Trade: LADDERS, LIGHTS, KNOTS, AND NOZZLES. Grant, Stuart; Stephens, Les // Fire Engineering;Oct2006, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p26
The article presents several tricks involving fire apparatus, to make the job of fire fighters safer and easier. They include the venting in a window and the proper positioning of a ladder set on it for the rescue, the untying of a double overhand granny knot that is tied in a halyard, and the...
- Light in the Dark Continent. Ballantyne, Bill // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;3/ 1/2011, p4
The article offers the author's insights on the benefits of implementing foam and compressed-air foam systems. The author relates the foam education he conducted in fore departments in South Africa with former Johannesburg fire chief and a Nigerian government official. He believes on the...
- Minnesota fire department to continue international relationship. Dostal, Jeremy // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p10
The article reports that the Fire Department of Dodge Center, Minnesota will continue its relationship with the International Fire Relief Missions (IFRM), which assists emergency service agencies in developing countries by providing them with donated equipment and training individuals on the...
- 12 STEP PROGRAM. Domangue, Joel // Fire Chief;Feb2004, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p60
Presents steps when specifying and purchasing fire and rescue apparatus. Determination of who will participate in the purchasing process; Duties of fire chiefs; Definition of what the department needs its aerial to do; Classifications for aerial devices for motorized fire apparatus; Survey of...
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Sep2004, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p92
Features fire trucks delivered to fire departments in the U.S. recent as of September 2004. Ladder units; Rescue pumpers; Rear-mount pumpers.
- SPECIAL ORDER. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Oct2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p62
Discusses specifications of vehicles used in fire departments. Advantages of utility vehicles; Mobile rehabilitation units; Foam tenders that can provide sustained flows of foam; Mobile-ventilation units.
- Portable Tank. // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, Special section p8
The article focuses on the 20,000-gallon self-supporting tank from Fol-da-tank. The tank is constructed of a new high-tensile strength and tear-resistant vinyl to accommodate the immense pressure of 160,000 pounds of water. It comes with up to six fittings at no additional charge.