Fire Service Improvement Tied to Rules of Evidence
- USFA and ATF seeking information on AIMS. // Fire Engineering;Dec99, Vol. 152 Issue 12, p42
Encourages local and state fire investigators to review the Arson Information Management System in the United States (US). Use of the information by the US Fire Administration and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms to evaluate program; Efforts to improve usefulness to local and state...
- National Arson Forum reviews critical arson issues. Naylis, Gerard J. // Fire Engineering;Jan1999, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p26
Highlights the 1999 National Arson Forum, which focused on emerging trends in fire and arson investigation in the United States. Schedule and venue of the event; Sponsor; Sectors that participated in the event; Topics discussed; Fire prevention programs discussed during the forum.
- Arson probed in Lampasas. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/25/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 30, p2A
The article reports that Lampasas Fire Department and Crime Stoppers in Texas is asking the public in solving an arson case on July 15, 2012
- Security under fire as arsonist targets Holyrood. Pearman, Ross // Contract Journal;6/9/2004, Vol. 423 Issue 6479, p1
Focuses on an arson investigation being carried out after an intruder got on to the Holyrood Road surrounding the parliament site in Edinburgh, Scotland and started a fire in June 2004. Damage cost; Measures taken by Scottish parliament officials.
- On the Track of Arsonists. Luntz, Stephen // Australasian Science;May2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the efforts of forensic chemistry student Mark Sandercock to develop a method of identifying gasoline samples so that the ones used to start arson fires can be matched to those in the possession of a suspect.
- Officials say firefighters torched hay field. Gibbs Jr., William J. // Wilson County News;3/16/2016, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p1A
The article discusses a crime scene which took place in Stockdale, Texas during the overnight hours of February 29 and March 1 where three members of the Stockdale Volunteer Fire Department were arrested as they were suspected for burning the whole hay field.
- INCIDENT COMMANDER'S GUIDE TO PRESERVING EVIDENCE. Codding, George A.; Bohn, John A. // Fire Engineering;Aug2006, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p73
The article offers information that will help arson investigations and will help fire departments avoid any accusation that it compromised valuable court evidence. Barrier tape is used to cordon off a building as well as the area that surrounds it. An inexpensive flag indicates the presence of...
- City's Fire Investigation Bureau Stretched Thin. Duggan, Briana // City Limits Magazine;5/14/2014, p1
The article discusses the evolution of new techniques in fire science that are proving to be helpful in the arson investigations. It presents the views of John Lentini, a fire science expert, on the need for making fire fighters aware about new innovations. It informs about a triage system used...
- Police probe tire store fire. George, Breanne // Tire Business;7/16/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p3
The article informs that arson investigators and police from Des Moines, Iowa, are still probing an early morning blaze on June 18, 2007 at Holt Co.'s Sales and Service, where three unidentified people were caught on a surveillance camera setting fire to the dealership. Loss prevention manager...