- The effective postfire critique. Montagna, Frank C. // Fire Engineering;Jul96, Vol. 149 Issue 7, p63
Discusses the benefits of a postfire critique. Firefighters' learning from their own mistakes; Prevention of recurrence of mistake in other firefighters; Presentation of hypothetical postfire critique.
- Farm Bureau sponsors firefighter. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);4/6/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p6
The article reports that the Bosque County Farm Bureau will sponsor a volunteer fireman to attend the Annual Municipal Fire Training School to be held at the Texas A&M University campus on July 24-29, 2011.
- Fire departments encouraged to pursue training for... // Fire Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 151 Issue 3, p36
Highlights the two federal training programs for fire fighting in the United States. Details on the first-responder terrorism-response training authorized under the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996; Sponsors of the second federal program authorized under the 1996 Nunn/Lugar...
- Smoke divers program: Self-preservation the driving force. DeLia, Nicholas A. // Fire Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 151 Issue 3, p149
Features the Connecticut Fire Academy's Smoke Drivers Program. Background on the conceptualization of the program; Description of the initial program; Techniques demonstrated in the classroom segment of the program; Out-of-classroom segment; Air consumption and physical exertion.
- LESSONS LEARNED FROM MASK CONFIDENCE TRAINING. Avillo, Anthony; Nasta, Mike // Fire Engineering;Aug2000, Vol. 153 Issue 8, p73
Reports on the lessons that firefighters learn from attending training courses. Importance of wearing protective equipment properly; Need to crawl if seeing is not possible; Use of tools to probe ahead; Ability to maintain contact with the wall and use a consistent search pattern.
- FIVE-POINT SIZE-UP. Pressler, Bob // Fire Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p75
Focuses on the training of firefighting officers on the finer points of fireground operation. Initial size-up; Gathering of information about fires; Strategic considerations.
- DELIVERING LOCAL TRAINING PROGRAMS. Brennan, Ken // Fire Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p135
Reports on the delivery of local training programs for firefighters. Writing of contracts; Types of training resources; Program preparation; Instruction considerations.
- RECRUIT TRAINING. // Fire Engineering;Sep2001, Vol. 154 Issue 9, p18
Focuses on the public view on the training of firefighting recruits. Schedules of training; Discussion on the components of firefighting; Crucial points in the training of recruits.
- TRAINING OFFICER 101. Horist, Rudy; Reeder Jr., Forest F. // Fire Engineering;Sep2001, Vol. 154 Issue 9, p65
Focuses on the difficulties in developing a training program for firefighting. Accounts on the techniques taught in the Illinois Society of Fire Service Instructors Training Officer 101 course; Components of the department training program development process; Creation of a master training...