PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Nominations Due For Marks and Vanguards. // Multichannel News;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the search of the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing and the National Cable & Telecommunications Association for nominees for their respective Mark Awards and 2004 Vanguard Awards. Deadline for the submission of nominations.
- Towards TV interop. Gilmer, Brad // TVB Europe;Jul2003, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the efforts of the Advanced Authoring Format (AAF) Association and the Professional-MPEG Forum to achieve interoperability in the production and post-production environment. Move of the television industry towards information technology-based production; Overview of AAF; Definition...
- What prevents cable TV from taking off in Brazil? Reis // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Summer99, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p399
Probes the reason preventing cable television from taking off in Brazil. Pervasiveness of broadcast television in Brazil; Discussion of telecommunications policies; Overview of Brazilian broadcast TV's programming; Brazilian's reluctance to adopt emerging technologies.
- SAMPLING OF TECH TERMS FROM EMERGING TECH '04. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p36
Discusses technology terms from the 2004 Emerging Technologies conference of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers in the U.S. All-digital cable network; Midsplit cable bandwidth; Advanced Television Systems Committee Cable Applications Platform.
- NCTA. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;6/28/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 26, p38
Discusses the efforts of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA) to promote media literacy programs designed to help parents block indecent television programs in the U.S. Information on the Web site developed by NCTA; Features of the customer toolkits provided by the NCTA...
- Cable Connections. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;2/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p26
Presents an interview with Seth Morrison, senior vice president and general manager of the Corporate Initiatives of the Cable and Telecommunications Association of Marketing (CTAM), about the popularity of discrete-variable representation (DVR). Estimated date for the release of television sets...
- Cable sees answer in better marketing. Atkinson, Claire; Kerwin, Ann Marie // Advertising Age;7/26/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 30, p23
Focuses on issues discussed during the 2004 Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing conference in Boston, Massachusetts. Products that contribute to confusion among consumers; Significance of satellite services to the cable industry; Concern raised by Donny Deutsch, CEO of...
- DATEBOOK. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/3/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 14, p28
Presents a calendar of events in the cable and television industry in the U.S. in April 2006. North American Broadcasters Association' 2006 Annual General Meeting & Conference; Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association Wireless 2006; International Radio & Television Society...
- Union makes move from sport to news. Bensinger, Ken; Sutter, Mary // Variety;5/17/2004, Vol. 395 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the plan of broadcasters' union the Ibero-American Telecommunications Organization (OTI) to test launch a 24-hour news network that will recycle its members' news programming. Slogan of the Canal nOTIcias; Members of OTI in Latin America; Appointment of Guillermo Canedo White as...