CBS, Sinclair Toss Fuel on Retrans Fire
- New Deals Spark Retrans Debate. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;2/6/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the announcement by executives at Nexstar Broadcast Group that the company has reached multiyear retransmission agreements with several cable operations, many of which are paying Nexstar cash in exchange for carrying the company's broadcast signals. It's success at...
- LIFE IN THE Almost-Fast Lane. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/3/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p44
Presents an assessment of the performance of Les Moonves as CEO of CBS Corp. Information on the deals secured by Moonves for CBS Corp. under three months after the split of Viacom and CBS; Revenue growth of CBS in the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2005; Plan of Moonves to launch...
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...
- Looking for a Prediction? I'll Give You Ten of Them. Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p18
Comments on the possible improvement of cable television broadcasting. Plan of the National Football League for a cable option for football games; Advances in cable television receivers and recorders.
- Let's get digital. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR28
Discusses the status of the cable television industry with the launching of high-technology services as of June 2001. Views on the customer services of cable operators; Popularity of digital cable; Information on video-on-demand; Importance of digital and high-speed data. INSET: Smooth operators.
- Rocking the Industry. // Multichannel News;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p3A
Reports that the cable television network HBO has redefined excellence in television entertainment as of November 2002. Size of the audience of HBO; Comments of Howard Rosenberg, critic for the newspaper 'Los Angeles Times' on the entertainment programs telecast on HBO; Growth in the revenues...