CABLELABS WARMS TO NEW TECHNOLOGY
- CEA Changes CES Dates For '01 Show. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the decision of CEA to change the schedule for the 2001 International CES to help cable television exhibitors avoid overtime booth construction and decoration expenses.
- Honeymoon in Vegas. Brown, Roger // CED;Feb2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the impact of the Consumer Electronics Show on the cable television industry in Las Vegas, Nevada. Features of the event; Emphasis on the Go2Broadband project; Availability of the advanced services to consumers.
- Atlantic will return to Baltimore. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/06/97, Vol. 127 Issue 41, p60
Presents highlights of the 1997 Atlantic Cable Show in Baltimore, Maryland. Increase on the attendance; Opening of the show by demonstrating the value of technology in overcoming distance and distraction; Words of advice from keynote speaker Bloomberg Television chairman Michael Bloomberg.
- CATV show ponders network management. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;6/17/96, Vol. 230 Issue 25, p9
Reports that vendors roll out their network management wares at the Cable-Tec Expo in Nashville, Tennessee. Surge of interests in network reliability on the part of cable TV operators; Incorporation of network management into cable systems; Introduction of hierarchy-based solutions that allow...
- Cable-Tec moves into the big leagues. Levine, Shira // Telephony;06/02/97, Vol. 232 Issue 22, p23
Features various cable television products expected to be launched at the 1997 Cable-Tec Expo in Orlando, Florida. Includes Tallabs' integrated access, transport and management solution; General Instrument's CFT-2200 advanced analog set-up boxes; Scientific-Atlanta's modules for the Continuum...
- Jornadas ends with doubts over future. Burnett, Kate; Paxman, Andrew // Variety;08/03/98, Vol. 371 Issue 12, p33
Highlights the ninth Jornadas de Cable trade show and its effect to the future of Latin America's premier cable television. Dissatisfaction of programmers and exhibitors over the Jornada's cost-effectiveness; Postponement of the booking process for the 1999 cable exhibition.
- Cablers meet in New Orleans to peddle hi-tech wares. Russell, Deborah // Billboard;6/11/94, Vol. 106 Issue 24, p56
Reports on the `Cable '94' exhibition presented by the National Cable Television Association held on May 22-25 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Exhibitors' plan for music and home shopping; All American Television's syndication deal; MOR Music TV's plan to provide greater financial incentives to...
- The Road to Anaheim. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);
Focuses on the Western Show, held by cable and telecommunication companies, in December 2002 in Santa Ana, California. Comments on the venue; Participants; Expectations of industry executives from the show.
- Cable museum heads to Denver. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;5/27/96, Vol. 126 Issue 23, p31
Reports on the relocation of the National Cable Television Center and Museum from its location at the Pennsylvania State University in University Park, Pennsylvania to Denver, Colorado. Date of reopening at its new site; Plans for the movement; Cost options for the new museum.