ICTV Crafts a Mosaic of TV, Web
- TECHNOLOGY '04-PLAY: IT'S OCAP. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p28
Presents information on the OpenCable Applications Platform (OCAP), a middleware terminology used in the cable television industry in the U.S. Seminars on OCAP conducted by Vidiom Systems at the Western Show; Purpose of using OCAP in the cable television market; Functions of OCAP.
- Research:. // CableFAX Daily;5/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 85, p2
Highlights the results of a study on cable programming in the U.S., conducted by Arbitron. Percentage of respondents who stated that basic cable networks should be able to air whatever programming they want; Information on video-on-demand format; Impact of the study on the cable industry.
- Eurosport signs Media Manager. // TVB Europe;Feb2004, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p24
Reports that the sports television Eurosport in Europe has chosen SGT's Media Manager as its new pre-transmission infrastructure installed at head office in Paris, France. Distribution system for the Eurosport and Eurosport News channels; Goals of the Eurosport; Features of the installation.
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...
- Looking for a Prediction? I'll Give You Ten of Them. Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p18
Comments on the possible improvement of cable television broadcasting. Plan of the National Football League for a cable option for football games; Advances in cable television receivers and recorders.
- Let's get digital. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR28
Discusses the status of the cable television industry with the launching of high-technology services as of June 2001. Views on the customer services of cable operators; Popularity of digital cable; Information on video-on-demand; Importance of digital and high-speed data. INSET: Smooth operators.