Many 'Chefs' Cooking for Bravo
- Jungle Fever. // Variety;9/17/2013, Vol. 321 Issue 11, p146
The article discusses the popularity of the reality television show "Survivor," produced by Mark Burnett, presenting a print advertisement and focusing on the television audience of the May 31, 2000 premiere and August 23, 2000 finale of the first season of the program.
- Bravo baking more 'Chef' Clarke, John // Daily Variety;1/3/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 2, p4
The article reports that Bravo television network renewed the telecast of the food series, "Top Chef," on its network. The article states that the network is organizing a nationwide audition to cast the chefs for the reality competition show. According to Nielsen Media Research "Top Chef" holds...
- VH1 throws block party. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;3/10/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the line-up of television programs chosen by the cable television network VH1. Decision of the company to focus on television reality programs; Monopoly on the celebrity and pop nostalgic niche market; Increase of the veiwership of reality television programs since 2003; "The Surreal...
- Nascent net fills hole with auds in Belgium. Stern, Andy // Variety;4/26/2004, Vol. 394 Issue 11, p7
Reports on the market performance of the youth-centered Belgian television network Plug TV launched by RTL-TVi. Reason for few people to believe that the channel could be a success; Information on the strategy of Plug for attracting its target audience; Titles of reality shows that come up...
- Fox Reality Sneak Attack. Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;3/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p1
Reports that Fox Television has the largest number of viewers in the adults 18 to 49 demographics, for the month of February 2003 for the reality shows 'Joe Millionaire' and 'American Idol.' Plans to telecast 'Married by America,' in place of 'Joe Millionaire,' from March 03, 2003; Television...
- Gamification: The Cure for What Ails Reality TV. Wallenstein, Andrew // Variety;1/28/2014, Vol. 322 Issue 15, p32
The author offers opinions on reality television programs. It is argued that to prevent declines in ratings of such programs, television networks must make them more interactive for viewers through features such as mobile games related to the programs and having viewers use mobile computing...
- GETTING PUCKED UP. // Entertainment Weekly;6/29/2001-7/06/2001, Issue 602/603, p124
Looks at ways people can amuse themselves while watching a reality television program.
- Reality shares the wealth. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;2/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the influence of reality-based television programs on the audience composition. Statistical information on share of adults viewing reality programs; Changes in minds of advertisers on the reality genre's ratings; Need for advertisers to judge each reality series individually.
- It's time to see a proper travel show back on the telly. SCOTT, IAN // Travel Weekly (UK);9/24/2015, Issue 2289, p30
The author discusses the expenditures of travel companies for advertising several destinations on television (TV) within the short period of time. Topics include the benefits of the destinations advertisement as travel guides among TV viewers at home, the recommendation of broadcasting...