Sundance Rolls Film on Non-Movies
- MEDIA. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;10/9/1991, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p13
The article reports developments related to television broadcasting in the U.S. The National Geographic Society's television specials "Hawaii: Strangers in Paradise," will air over the Public Broadcasting Service. The Arts & Entertainment cable network will provide four documentary programs...
- The canonical Potter. Billen, Andrew // Prospect;Jan2005, Issue 106, p72
Introduces a documentary on the television icon Dennis Potter entitled "Painting the Clouds with Sunshine," which will be shown at BBC 2 in Great Britain. Detail of the project's airing; Contribution of Potter on the television broadcasting industry; Professional and Family background.
- REALITY CZECH FOR NET. Tizard, Will // Variety;5/24/2010, Vol. 419 Issue 2, p14
The article discusses programming at the public television network Czech TV and the broadcasting of local documentaries and non-fiction television programs. Television programs discussed include "Eye Over Prague," "Czech Peace," and "Forgotten Transports." Other topics include the series...
- TCA. // CableFAX Daily;1/12/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p2
Presents updates on cable television programs in the U.S. as of January 2006. Reality series to be launched by Lifetime; Television programs to be broadcast Court TV; Documentary series and reality series to be aired on TV One.
- MSNBC Tweaks Prime. // Multichannel News;7/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p15
Reports on the revamp of the primetime television schedule of MSNBC cable television network. Switch to a documentary format programs; Changes in the time slots of the news programs; Remarks of MSNBC general manager Dan Abrams on the revamp.
- 'Fear' doc series crowns BBC2 fall sked. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;7/29/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 18, p10
Reports on the fall 2004 television program slate of the British television channel BBC2. Focus on a documentary series provisionally titled â€œFear, Uncertainty and Doubt,â€ which will attempt to get to the heart of the war on terror; Show's attempt to unravel the story of American...
- Star track helps Seven to Nine's ratings crown. Chai, Paul // Variety;4/16/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 9, pA18
The article reports on the television ratings success of the Australian network Seven which bested the Nine network early in 2007. The author notes that Seven's success came as a result of both American and Australian programming. The article evaluates the success of reality television programs...
- Courting Turner:. // CableFAX Daily;7/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 136, p3
Reports on the programming shift of cable television network Court TV. Schedule of the "Most Wanted Movies"; Release of the documentaries "On Native Soil," and "In the Footsteps of Osama Bin Laden."
- Inside NZ bigger than ever. Wakefield, Philip // Onfilm;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the top rating garnered by the TV3 "Inside New Zealand" documentary "Still Big?" in March 2006 in New Zealand. The percentage of the network's target audience drawn by the television program is cited. The factors attributed to the improvement in the ratings of TV3 programs...