Playing it by Ear On Music Services
- Bit by Bit. Smithers, Brian // Electronic Musician;May2000, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p82
Looks at some real-life situations and describes how to avoid common problems when making digital audio transfers.
- Digital sampling: Creative or just plain `cheez-oid'? Percifull, Mary B. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Fall92, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p1263
Examines issues regarding the use of digital sampling in music recording. Effect of digital technology on the recording industry; Concerns of musicians about the use of digital sampling; Copyright law and digital sampling; Defenses for an infringement action.
- Digital double Dutch. Howarth, Heather // Pro Sound News;Sep96, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p32
Focuses on the announcement by You/Com Telecommunicatie and Arbor Integrated on their joint venture to develop integrated digital audio solutions. Background information on both companies; Information on the Remote Digital Studio; Features and functions of integrated products.
- PKIs open intranet doors. // Network World;07/27/98, Vol. 15 Issue 30, INTRANET p4
Presents information on digital certificates and public-key infrastructures. What led to the decision of the Federal Express Corporation to embrace digital certificates; Comments from Ted Jestin, the global head of information security services at Salomon Smith Barney Inc.
- Digital tape answers. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Nov98, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p22
Discusses tape compression in digital recording. Problems to be solved by broadcasters; Format choices; Importance of MPEG technology.
- RADAR software upgrade available. Moss, Caroline // Pro Sound News;Dec96, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on Otari's release of the version 1.4 software for its RADAR digital multitrack disk recorder/editor. Features available on the 1.4 software; How the features operate.
- The hard facts of life. Schoepe, Zenon // Pro Sound News;Apr96, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p44
Reports on the random access to hard disk technology in music production. Impetus for the advent of digital technique in music production; Features of selected hard disk-based systems; Speculations on the fate of open reel digital.
- Portable DAWs. Van Bergen, Jim // TCI: Theatre Crafts International;Feb97, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p50
Focuses on developments in digital audio as of February 1997. Proliferation of computer-based digital audio workstations and hard-disc recorder; Criteria for the differentiation of digital products; Desirability of portability for the products; Commendation of the portability of Roland's 360...
- Real-time audio mixing: User-directed audio on-the-fly. Ouimette, Steve // CD-ROM Professional;Sep95, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p38
Focuses on the advantages of real-time digital audio mixing. Transparent interface between the application and sound card provided by digital mixing tools; Human Machine Interfaces Inc.'s Sound Operating System; LucasArts Entertainment's iMUSE system; Features of the digital mixing development...