It Googles The Mind
- How to future-proof a hybrid fiber/coaxial-cable network. Henkemeyer, Rich // Lightwave;May95, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p40
Discusses the issues that network planners at telephone and cable-television companies in the United States are facing as they upgrade network infrastructures to deliver broadcast video, interactive digital video and voice/data services. Use of broadband or hybrid fiber/coaxial cable networks;...
- Editor's Letter: The 2011 Bucket List. Baker, Debra // Communications Technology;1/15/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p1
In this article, the author comments on the issues that should be dealt by broadband providers in the U.S in 2011. He states that investors and financial institutions should provide some funds to the industry and cable operators should adopt a pricing scheme that takes care of the customers....
- Net's next generation. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the preparations being done by Yahoo! Inc. to transform itself into a next-generation Internet company. Transfer of brand, services and style to a broadband universe; Planned deals with cable operators, telephone companies and Internet service providers; Possible deals with major...
- It's a broadband world, and we got there by giving consumers what they want. Sachs, Robert // Cable World (10427228);6/9/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p90
Comments on issues in the cable television industry in the U.S. Role of cable in encouraging digital revolution; Details on the deployment of high-speed Internet access; Information on high-definition television, broadband services offered by the cable industry.
- Telcos beat cable in broadband growth. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;8/18/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 32, p6
Reports on the competition faced by the cable industry from broadband Internet according to a report from Leichtman Research Group Inc. in the U.S. Claim that telephone companies are accounted for the majority of high-speed Internet subscriber additions; Subscriber advantage of cable companies...
- No Slowdown for High-Speed Internet. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p32
Reports on the growth of broadband Internet services from cable and telephone companies in the U.S. as of October 2005. Background on the business plans of Google; Increase in the application of wireless fidelity systems; Broadband subscribers of various cable television networks.
- WHO'S THE FASTEST IN BROADBAND? Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p40
Focuses on issues concerning the dispute between cable television networks and telephone companies over broadband connection speed for their Internet services in the U.S. Factors that affect broadband allocation; Details of the computation for the downstream speed available to customers of...
- LEC wireless CATV gets the go ahead. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;9/6/93, Vol. 225 Issue 10, p9
Reports on the granting of permission by the Federal Communications Commission to local exchange carriers to offer wireless cable television (CATV) services within their territories. Offer of local multipoint distribution service by CellularVision; Bell Atlantic's intention to offer wireless...
- Telephone companies keeping video in play. Dawson, Fred // Inter@ctive Week;07/21/97, Vol. 4 Issue 24, pI-10
Editorial. Comments on the efforts of telephone companies to get into the cable business. Experiments of telephone companies with building cable television (TV) networks; Statement from Brian Blevins, spokesman for GTE Corporation.