Kids' TV Rules On VOD
- NEW LINEUP. // Boys' Life;Oct2002, Vol. 92 Issue 10, p6
Presents an update on television programs for kids as of October 2002.
- What do you think are the best prime-time programs for children? // Electronic Media;10/09/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p10
Presents the responses of three television industry insiders when asked to name examples of quality prime-time programs for children in the United States. 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?'; 'Malcolm in the Middle'; 'Touched by an Angel'; 'Wonderful World of Disney.'
- Walking the kids tightrope. Tobenkin, David // Broadcasting & Cable;6/13/94, Vol. 124 Issue 24, p19
Presents highlights of a workshop on children's television at the 1994 Promax and Broadcast Designers Association Conference. Need for careful balancing to tap the potential of the children's television market and satisfy regulatory requirements for childrens' broadcasting content; Hot issues...
- Children's T.V. still 'wonder bread' of the mind. Henderson, Zorika Petic // Human Ecology;Spring93, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p25
Focuses on the failure of the television industry to upgrade the educational content of its show for children. Children's Television Education Act; Study by John Condry, professor of human development and family studies at Cornell University; `You jump first' attitude of stations; Failure to...
- Not just kidding. Bagnall, Diana // Bulletin with Newsweek;3/7/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5960, p79
Reports on the popularity of the quality of Australian children's television drama made under the supervision of the Australian Children's Television Foundation (ACTF). Role of ACTF director Patricia Edgar in the growth of children's television; Holding of the 1995 World Summit on Television...
- `Pokemon' in driver's seat. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p30
Focuses on issues related to children's patronage of television programs for children in the United States. Factors contributing to the decline in children's patronage of television; Attribution of the success of Kids' WB to the program `Pokemon'; Increase in the number of children patronizing...
- A Dialogue on Children's Television. // Communication Research Trends;2012, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p3
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the issue on topics including children's television (TV), children's rights and the consideration of TV as a learning environment.
- How do kids spend their TV viewing time? // Working Mother;Nov99, p28
Cites data on how children spend their TV viewing time. Consumption of children's and adult programming.
- Making a television guide finder. // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Jun99, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p35
Advises elementary school teachers on how to teach students make a television guide finder. Materials used; Procedures; Guide in using the finder.