Analyst Sees Hang-Ups With Hallmark Sale
- Rumor Mill. // CableFAX Daily;12/12/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 239, p2
The article reports on the speculations that cable network Crown decided to reject bids for Hallmark Channel because of the limited amounts of offers in the U.S.
- Hallmark Could Draw Suitors. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/22/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the plan to sell cable television network, Hallmark Channel. Potential buyers of Hallmark Channel; Reasons for the decision of Crown Media Holdings Inc., operator of Hallmark Channel, to sell the cable network; Improvement of Hallmark's rating in July 2005.
- Not For Sale: Crown Pulls Back Hallmark Channel. // CableFAX Daily;4/18/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 75, p1
Reports on the decision of Crown not to sell its Hallmark Channel. Measures that will be implemented by Crown to continue its efforts to target a younger audience; Resignation of Chris Moseley as chief marketing officer of Crown; Percentage of Hallmark's subsystem base that would expire at the...
- Deal Would Ease Hallmark Sale. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p10
The article reports on the settlement of a dispute between Hallmark Channel's parent company, Crown Media Holdings Inc., and its part owners, the National Interfaith Cable Coalition. A number of potential buyers are engaged in due diligence on Hallmark Channel. Several clauses are contained in...
- Hallmark's rising arc. Dempsey, John // Variety;4/17/2006, Vol. 402 Issue 9, p19
The article reports on the increase in the ratings of Hallmark Channel despite of the cable network's for sale notice in April 2006. Finishing 16th overall among advertiser-supported cablers during the first quarter, Hallmark shot up by 20% compared with the first three months of 2005. These...
- 'Definitive' Adelphia Sale Bolsters 2 Top Cable Ops. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p1
Presents updates on the sale of Adelphia Communications Corp. as of April 25, 2005. Cable television operators that emerged as the definitive winners in the bid for the company; Approval of the acquisition deal by the boards of directors of the company; Details of the acquisition deal.
- HALLMARK GREETINGS. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;11/6/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 23, p6
Reports that share prices of Crown Media Inc., parent company of the Hallmark Channel, rose by nearly 15 percent on November 5, 2002, on news of healthy subscriber and advertising sales growth from its family entertainment channels. Financial performance of Crown Media for the third quarter of...
- Hallmark Fleshes Out 'Top 10' Case. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p106
Focuses on the effort to Hallmark Channel to place at the top ranking cable networks in the U.S. Average household rating in primetime; Concentration on advertising with distribution and marketing finances; Improvement in the quality of subscribership.
- Hallmark Channel seen as ripe for acquisition. Hiestand, Jesse // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/5/2002, Vol. 375 Issue 47, p13
Focuses on reasons due to which cable television network Crown Media Inc.'s Hallmark Channel draw attention of media companies for its acquisition. Strategy of the company in restructuring the channel; Role of distribution agreement of the channel with top cable and satellite operators in...