Comcast Latest to Close Theater Window
- Fresh Breeze In Chicago. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p24
Focuses on the upgrade made by Comcast Corp. to its cable television infrastructure in Chicago, Illinois, as of December 20, 2004. Systems inherited by Comcast from AT&T Broadband; Goal of the upgrade; Statistical information on the operation of the Chicago division.
- Comcast's Largest Cable Systems. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p26
Presents a directory of the largest cable television systems of Comcast Corp. across the U.S.
- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- D3 deployment updates. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the deployment of Comcast Corp.'s D3 service in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and San Francisco, California. It states that Comcast deployed the D3 service in about 50% of its entire footprint in July 2009. It notes that Comcast has announced that it would deploy D3 service...
- Pay-per-view fight: Studios vs. cable ops. Dempsey, John // Variety;06/08/98, Vol. 371 Issue 5, p21
Focuses on the fight over pay-per-view (PPV) movies between major studios and cable operators in New York. Comments regarding movie studios' demand for an increased rate; Implications of a boom in PPV movie-buying; Problem with revenue sharing between studios and stores.
- At-Home Movies. Sperling, Nicole // Entertainment Weekly;5/25/2007, Issue 935, p18
This article discusses the viewing of motion pictures. The article notes that Comcast, the largest cable television provider in the U.S., has reportedly begun negotiations with major motion picture studios about offering first-run motion pictures on home pay-per-view. The author discusses the...
- Cable's data, voice biz encroaching on video. Mermigas, Diane // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/16/2007, Vol. 397 Issue 44, p13
The article focuses on issues related to Comcast Corp., the largest cable operator in the U.S. According to the company, within the next several years, half of its cable subscribers will not be taking video programming services from the company but rather data and voice services that do not pose...
- Tucson-area television service providers. // Inside Tucson Business;8/27/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p12
Reports the ranking of television service providers based on the number of subscribers in Tucson, Arizona. Number of channels handled; Price of basic services on a monthly basis; Parent companies of the service providers.
- NETWORK SUBSCRIBER COUNTS. // Multichannel News;12/2/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p28A
Lists cable networks and their number of subscribers under categories of basic services, pay services and regional basic services as of December 2002. Cable system affiliates and subscribers of A&E Network; Alternate distribution subscribers and total subscribers of ABC Family.