Basic Subscribership: Growth Is Back
- Cablevision tries smaller rate rise. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;11/24/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 37, p6
Reports on the plan of Cablevision Systems Corp. to increase its subscription rate for cable television service in the U.S. Rate of increase; Reason behind the increase; Quality of the services offered by the company.
- News 12 debuts new service. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/16/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 17, p49A
Reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s New 12 network's launched of News 12 Interactive, a service that allow subscribers to customize the news to their interests and obtain additional content. Plans of the company to launch the service on iO or Interactive Optimum digital cable in Long Island,...
- Cablevision's Private Plan. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;6/27/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p6
Focuses on the proposal presented by the Dolan family to the board of directors of Cablevision Systems Corp. that would take the company private and spin off a public company comprised of its entertainment assets. Components of the company's entertainment assets; Terms of the proposed deal;...
- Cablevision: not in this Lifetime. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/19/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 10, p8
Reports the refusal of Cablevision Systems to the demand of Lifetime Television to increase the monthly subscriber fees in New York. Reason of Cablevision for disapproving the proposal; Estimates on the number of homes subscribing for Cablevision; Terms in the carriage agreement between...
- REMOTE DVR UNPLUGS. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;6/9/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 49, p4
The article reports that Cablevision has shelved its plans to test its remote-storage digital video recording. Cablevision had originally expected rolling out the service on June 2006 in a small number of homes in New York City. The service allos users to stream shows from servers hosted...
- Take That Verizon. // CableFAX Daily;2/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the increase in the speed of the high speed cable television services offered by cable services firm CableVision to its customers starting February 2006. Amount being charged for the increase; Information on the premium service offered by the company to its customers.
- Business Pricing:. // CableFAX Daily;4/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 72, p2
Provides information on the financial implication for Cablevision when it allow its cable television subscribers to pay the same price as residential customers. Reason for the approach to pricing business services; Willingness of businesses to pay premium for business service.
- News12 Web site cuts cord to non-subscribers. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/24/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 41, p4A
Reports that News12.com, the web site of the cable news network based in Long Island, New York, is removing its free-access policy and is excluding non-subscribers. Terms of the subscription policy of cable company Cablevision; Continuation of emergency information services.
- Tucson-area television service providers. // Inside Tucson Business;8/27/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p12
Reports the ranking of television service providers based on the number of subscribers in Tucson, Arizona. Number of channels handled; Price of basic services on a monthly basis; Parent companies of the service providers.