Santillana USA Expanding Adult Trade; Children's Biz Growing
- EM Spotlight: Santillana USA Grows with ELL And Foreign-Language Instruction. // Educational Marketer;5/1/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p2
The article reports that the increase in English-language learners in the U.S., particularly among Hispanics, combined with the rise of foreign-language instruction in elementary schools has stimulated growth at K-8 Spanish-language and trade book publishing company Santillana USA. The company's...
- Publishers Show First Sales Increase In Months For Adult Hardcovers. // Book Publishing Report;05/21/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p7
Reports the increase in adult hardcovers sales in the United States. Percentage of sales growth; Comparison between 2000 and 2001 gross sales; Presentation of publisher's domestic monthly sales report.
- Fiction notes. // Publishers Weekly;4/27/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 17, p47
Mentions several books being published in May 1998. `Midnight Magic: Selected Stories of Bobbie Ann Mason'; `The Rice Sprout Song,' by Eileen Chang; `When Memory Dies,' by A. Srivanandan; `The Last Innauguration,' by Charles Lichtman.
- Selling to the Spanish-Language Market in the U.S. Kiser, Karn // Publishers Weekly;9/13/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 37, p35
Surveys the market of Spanish-language books in the United States. Growing purchasing power of Spanish-speaking people in the United States; Challenges facing publishers, distributors and bookstores of Spanish-language books; Discussion on how they can market Spanish-language books effectively....
- Celebrating Holiday Sales. Howell, Kevin; Mutter, John; Tardiff, Jill A. // Publishers Weekly;1/17/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 3, p22
Reports on book sales for the 1999 holiday season. Increase in sales income of booksellers; Survey conducted by Publishers' Weekly on sales of publishing companies; Competition of traditional booksellers with book e-tailers; Factors for the increase in book sales; Popularity of gift...
- Harry, Pokemon Were the Stars of '99. Roback, Diane // Publishers Weekly;4/10/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 15, p52
Reports the sales of bestselling books in 1999 in the United States. Status of the sales of children books; Details on the sales of paperbacks.
- IN THE LOOP.... // Book Publishing Report;7/16/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p7
Reports developments in the book publishing industry as of July 2001 in the United States. Forecast of publishing company Barnes and Noble in the possible decline of sales in comparable store; Sale of the book 'The Castle of the Flynns' by Michael Ralaigh to a british publisher; Acquisition of...
- Banned books in the land of the free. // New Internationalist;Dec2004, Issue 374, p7
Focuses on the penalty of buying and selling books that came from unlicensed publishers in New York City.
- What you don't know about publishing a book can take you from dream to nightmare overnight. Kathleen, Gage // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/3/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p9
The author discusses the different factors that authors should consider when publishing a book. She mentions the trend of publishing companies taking advantage of an aspiring author's dream and lack of knowledge. She discusses simple publishing definitions. She outlines the challenges of...