Far-Reaching Web Site has Powell's Poised for Future Growth
- Michael Powell. Brant, John // Inc.;May2004, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p82
Presents information on the book selling business of Michael Powell, owner of Powell's Books in Portland, Oregon. Decision of Powell to relocate the business to Portland, Oregon in 1979; Benefit of the affiliation with Amazon; Outcome of selling textbooks online.
- FAQs: Frequently asked Top 100 questions. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/30/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 26, p82
Lists the most frequently asked questions and answers with regards to the 'Nation's Restaurant News' magazine's inclusion criteria and methodology. Basis for company inclusion in the listing; Difference between systemwide sales and revenues; Clarification of the factors used for the calculation...
- Lessons from Powell's Books. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;4/4/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 14, p20
The article reports on the reorganization of Portland, Oregon-based Powell's Books. In response to significant changes in consumer behavior, the bookseller dismissed 31 employees, which complicated the job of Emily Powell who will succeed her father Michael Powell in managing the company. The...
- Specialty Chemicals Post Fourth Quarter Profits. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/2/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the financial results of specialty chemicals companies in the U.S. for the fourth quarter 2003. Identification of companies in the industry that posted their financial performance; Value of the fourth-quarter earnings and earnings per share of these companies; Status of their...
- Lockheed Martin Reports Solid Q3. KEN SHREVE // Investors Business Daily;10/23/2013, pB11
In case you hadn't noticed, IBD's Aerospace/Defense group is well represented in the Dividend Leaders screen.
- CNOOC Ltd.'s Net Income Records Increase of 57%. // China Chemical Reporter;4/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the annual results produced by the CNOOC Ltd. for the 12 months ended December 31, 2005. CNOOC accomplished a 57 percent increase in net income as compared to the previous year. Sales revenues of the company improved by 25.8 percent. The company has also recorded a net...
- Spinnaker Support Reports Q2 2013 Financial Results. // African Business News;7/18/2013, p42
The article focuses on the report issued by the Spinnaker Support which is related to its quarter ended June 30, 2013. According to report, revenue of the company has increased by 30.7 percent and sales has increased by 62 percent. It further mentions that trailing twelve months revenues of the...
- Xerox's year gets off to slow start but colour machines and office give boost. // Printing World;4/28/2005, Vol. 290 Issue 4, p16
This article focuses on the financial performance of Xerox Corp. in the year 2005. The company got off to a faltering start in 2005 but was buoyed by the continued success of color machines and outsourced document services. The Rochester, New York, company said that delays in sealing deals with...
- Coming This Week. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/9/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 98, p2
The article highlights the upcoming issues related to company sales and earnings reports, including Inter Parfums Inc., Tandy Brands Accessories Inc., and Kohl's Corp.