TIGRIDIA RZEDOWSKIANA (TIGRIDIEAE: IRIDACEAE), UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DEL ESTADO DE QUERï¿½TARO, Mï¿½XICO
- TIGRIDIA PUGANA (IRIDACEAE: TIGRIDIEAE), A NEW SPECIES FROM JALISCO, MEXICO. Rodríguez, Aarón; Ortiz-Catedral, Luis // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2006, Issue 76, p59
Tigridia pugana (Iridaceae: Tigridieae) is described as a new species. It is characterized by producing bulbils in the axils of the cauline leaves. The flower of Tigridia pugana resembles that of T. pulchella B.L. Rob. but differs by having longer style branches that are bifid their full length,...
- TIGRIDIA GRACIELAE (TIGRIDIEAE: IRIDACEAE), A NEW SPECIES FROM MEXICO. Rodríguez, Aarón; Ortiz-Catedral, Luis // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2003, Issue 64, p31
Tigridia gracielae (Tigridieae: Iridaceae), from the state of MÃ©xico, is a new species morphologically similar to T. venusta, from the state of MichoacÃ¡n. Tigridia gracielae differs from T. venusta in having shorter and narrower petals, a longer staminal column, anthers fertile along their...
- IRIS for every garden. Thigpen, Charlie // Southern Living;Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p134
Offers information about irises. Types of iris in various shapes, sizes and colors; Showy blooms; Japanese roof iris; Growth of Siberian iris anywhere.
- ALGUNAS CONSIDERACIONES ACERCA DE LA FAMILIA IRIDACEAE EN EL VALLE DE MEXICO. De Rzedowski, Graciela Calderon // Acta Botanica Mexicana;abr1988, Issue 1, p21
In the treatment of the family Iridaceae for the "Flora FanerogÃ¡mica del Valle de MÃ©xico" the following taxa area recognized: Nemastylis tenuis (Herb.) Wats., Orthrosanthus chimboracensis var. exsertus Foster, Sisyrinchium angustissimum (Rob. & Greenm.) Greenm. & Thomps., S. arizonicum...
- COMENTARIOS FLORISTICO-ECOLOGICOS SOBRE LAS IRIDACEAS MEXICANAS. Espejo-Serna, Adolfo; Lopez-Ferrari, Ana Rosa // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1996, Issue 34, p25
The present status of the floristic-ecological knowledge of wild Mexican Iridaceae is defined. 16 genera and 98 species of Iridaceae, all of them belonging in the 4 tribes of the subfamily Iridoideae are registered from the country. The tribe Tigridieae has its principal center of radiation in...
- NOTAS NOMENCLATURALES SOBRE IRIDACEAE. Espejo Serna, Adolfo; Lopez-Ferrari, Ana Rosa // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1997, Issue 41, p1
The nomenclatural status of T. vanhouttei (Baker) Espejo & LÃ³pez-Ferrari, T. augusta Drapiez, and T. violacea Schiede ex Schltdl. is clarified. New combinations in Sisyrinchium are proposed.
- Selfed-seed production depending on individual size and flowering sequence in Iris gracilipes (Iridaceae). Kimura, Takashi; Ishii, Hiroshi S; Sakai, Satoki // Canadian Journal of Botany;Oct2002, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p1096
To examine the influence of individual size and time of pollination on selfed and outcrossed seed production, we conducted hand-pollination experiments in 2000 and 2001 in the perennial herb Iris gracilipes A. Gray (Iridaceae). Small individuals produced outcrossed seeds to a greater extent than...
- plicata:. Gough, Robert E. // Glossary of Vital Terms for the Home Gardener;1993, p71
A definition of the term "plicata" is presented. It refers to the irises that are stippled with dark over light ground color.
- pogoniris:. Gough, Robert E. // Glossary of Vital Terms for the Home Gardener;1993, p72
An encyclopedia entry for pogoniris is presented. It refers to iris plants having beards.