MANFREDA GALVANIAE (AGAVACEAE), ESPECIE NUEVA DE MÃ‰XICO, CON NOTA SOBRE LA UBICACIÃ“N TAXONÃ“MICA DE M. MALINALTENANGENSIS MATUDA Y SU LECTOTIPIFICACIÃ“N
- New Species of Peliosanthes and Rohdea (Asparagaceae) from Eastern Indochina. Averyanov, Leonid V.; Noriyuki Tanaka; Sinh Khang Nguyen // Taiwania;Mar2014, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p18
Two new species - Peliosanthes triandra and Rohdea dracaenoides of Asparagaceae (Convallariaceae s. str.) discovered recently in southern Cambodia and in central Laos are described and illustrated. Both described species are probably local endemics with a restricted distribution. Data for the...
- Aspidistra truongii - a New Species of Asparagaceae (Convallariaceae s.str.) from Southern Vietnam. Averyanov, Leonid V.; Tillich, Hans-Juergen // Taiwania;Jun2013, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p108
Aspidistra truongii, discovered in southern Vietnam is described and illustrated as new for science. Large nutant flowers are a unique feature of the new species distinguishing it from all known congeners.
- Pollen morphology and wall structure of Neotropical species of Herreria and Clara (Asparagaceae-Agavoideae) and its taxonomic implications. Lopes, Rosana; Andreata, Regina; Cartaxo-Pinto, Simone; Trovó, Marcelo; Gonçalves-Esteves, Vania // Plant Systematics & Evolution;Jan2013, Vol. 299 Issue 1, p25
Pollen morphology and wall structure of Clara and Herreria were investigated in order to clarify their taxonomy. Materials treated with a lactic acetolysis method at 40 % were used to obtain measurements, descriptions, and illustrations using light microscopy. Non-acetolyzed pollen grains were...
- Aspidistra obconica, Asparagaceae [Ruscaceae], a new species from limestone areas in Guangxi, China. Chun-Rui Lin; Ching-I Peng; Yoshiko Kono; Yan Liu // Botanical Studies;2010, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p263
Aspidistra obconica C. R. Lin & Yan Liu (Asparagaceae) is described and illustrated as a new species from the limestone areas in southwestern Guangxi, China. The new species is easily distinguished from all other members of Aspidistra by the obconic perianth and pistil. A somatic chromosome...
- Appendix 3: List of Santa Ana River Species. // Flora of the Santa Ana River & Environs with References to World;2007, p443
A variety of plant species in the Santa Ana River Watershed in California that appeared January 2007 issue of the book "Flora of the Santa Ana River & Environs: With References to World Botany" is presented.
- New and interesting plants. // Garden;Oct2012, Vol. 137 Issue 10, p10
The article features four new plant species including the Rosa Glyndebourne or "Harpulse," the Salvia "African Sky," the Parthenocissus Red Wall or "Troki," and the Rhododendron Metallica or "Hachmann's Metallica."
- NEW PLANT TAXA FROM COLORADO, NEW MEXICO, AND ARIZONA. Duane Atwood, N.; Welsh, Stanley L. // Western North American Naturalist;May2013, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p113
Descriptions of previously undescribed taxa are provided for plant taxa from Colorado (Phacelia), New Mexico (Phacelia; Mentzelia), and Arizona (Xylorhiza).
- ancestor:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p30
A definition of the term "ancestor," is presented, which refers to the form or stock from which an organism has descended or the actual or assumed earlier type from which a species or other taxon evolved.
- Correction: Why Some Plant Species Are Rare. // PLoS ONE;Oct2014, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p1
No abstract available.