EVALUACIÃ“N DEL PESO DEL LEÃ‘O A PARTIR DE VARIABLES DIMENSIONALES EN DOS ESPECIES DE MEZQUITE PROSOPIS ARTICULATA S. WATSON Y P. PALMERI S. WATSON, EN BAJA CALIFORNIA SUR, MÃ‰XICO
- ANALISIS DE LA DISTRIBUCION GEOGRAFICA DEL COMPLEJO PROSOPIS (LEGUMINOSAE, MIMOSOIDEAE) EN NORTEAMERICA. Rzedowski, J. // Acta Botanica Mexicana;sep1988, Issue 3, p7
The geographic distribution of the North American species of the Prosopis-complex is illustrated and discussed. Out of the total of 10, 3 species belong in the section Strombocarpa, 6 in the section Algarobia and one in the genus Prosopidastrum, 3 taxa considered in Burkart's (1976) taxonomic...
- Water. // Living in Pioneer Times: How Our Ancestors Lived Not So Long Ag;2003, p44
This article presents a list of plants which indicates the depth of water from the soil where they have grown, including cattails and mequites.
- ASSESSMENT OF DOMESTIC ENERGY USE BY SOME HOUSEHOLDS IN JOS NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF PLATEAU STATE, NIGERIA. Oyelade, O. V.; Ihuma, J. O. // International Journal of Science & Nature;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p491
Assessment of the major energy use for domestic purpose by some households in Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau State, North Central Nigeria was conducted in order to know the best energy option. Two thousand (2000) questionnaires were administered in four study sites which includes...
- EFEITO DA INVERSÃƒO NO TRATAMENTO DE MOIRÃ•ES SUBMETIDOS AO MÃ‰TODO DE SUBSTITUIÃ‡ÃƒO DA SEIVA. Paes, Juarez Benigno; dos Santos, Gerlanda Caetano; de Melo, Rafael Rodolfo; de Lima, Carlos Roberto; Sobrinho, Wlademir Nicolau // CiÃªncia Florestal (01039954);mar2014, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p211
This work aimed to evaluate the effect of inversion of Prosopis juliflora and Leucaena leucocephala fence posts, in distribution, penetration and retention of copper chrome borate (CCB) solution applied by sap displacement method. The Prosopis juliflora was collected in Brazilian Agricultural...
- HUNTING Q & A. Petzal, David E. // Field & Stream;Dec2004/Jan2005, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p61
This article presents various questions and answers related to hunting. Beanbags are fine if one wants to knock down a man. They will not do a lot to discourage a black bear, particularly a big one. One should stick to pepper spray or rifled slugs. From the late 1950s until the early 1970s,...
- Termination of (many) 4-dimensional log flips. Alexeev, Valery; Hacon, Christopher; Kawamata, Yujiro // Inventiones Mathematicae;Mar2007, Vol. 168 Issue 2, p433
We prove that any sequence of 4-dimensional log flips that begins with a klt pair ( X, D) such that -( K X + D) is numerically equivalent to an effective divisor, terminates. This implies termination of flips that begin with a log Fano pair and termination of flips in a relative birational...
- NOISE, THE "AROUSAL HYPOTHESIS," AND MONOTONOUS WORK. McBain, William N. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Oct61, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p309
The article presents a study that attempts to clarify the nature of the relation between noise and performance. The study combined the trend toward specifying the kind of work and of noise involved with a type of dimensional analysis of the particular classes of work and noise used. Results...
- Dimension reduction in time series and the dynamic factor model. // Biometrika;Jun2009, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p494
This note shows that the dimension reduction method proposed by Li & Shedden (2002) is equivalent to the dynamic factor model introduced by Peï¿½a & Box (1987).
- The Computational Complexity of One-Dimensional Sandpiles. Miltersen, Peter Bro // Theory of Computing Systems;Jun2007, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p119
We prove that the one-dimensional sandpile prediction problem is in LOGDCFL, a subset of AC1. The previously best known upper bound on the ACi-scale was AC2. Furthermore, we prove that the one-dimensional sandpile prediction problem is hard for TC0 and thus not in AC1-Îµ for any constant Îµ > 0.