Publisher Scorecards Paperback Nonfiction
- S&S, TW Eyeing Partnership? // Publishers Weekly;7/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 27, p22
Focuses on the speculation that Viacom's Simon & Schuster and Time Warner Trade Publishing are discussing a joint venture. Remarks from employees at S&S regarding the issue.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;8/8/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 31, p20
Presents news briefs concerning publishers and publishing in the U.S. as of August 2005. Estimated number of attendees of the 2005 Comic-con International show; Sales of Simon & Schuster in the second quarter of 2005; Percentage increase of the sales of Time Warner Book Group.
- People. // Publishers Weekly;10/2/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 39, p11
The article reports on career developments involving employees in the publishing industry as of October 2, 2006. Colin Fox has joined Simon & Schuster as a senior editor at the house's adult trade imprint. Sanyu Dillon is taking on the additional title of associate publisher of trade paperbacks...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;3/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p4
Presents the New York Times bestseller scorecard for publishers. Random House; Penguin Group USA; Simon & Schuster; Time Warner.
- Simon & Schuster Leading Advice/Misc. Category. // Book Publishing Report;4/11/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p6
Reports on the rankings of publishers according to sales in the "New York Times" paperback advice/miscellaneous lists in the U.S. as of April 11, 2005. Number one rank of Simon & Schuster Inc.; Duration of the Mireille Guilliano's book "French Women Don't Get Fat" published by Random House Inc....
- Korda's retirement NY's loss. Brady, James // Crain's New York Business;11/21/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p11
The article reports on the retirement of Michael Korda, a New York-based publisher and editor. The announcement of Korda's retirement came as a surprise for the people of New York. Korda is 72 but was only in his 30s when he became editor in chief of Simon & Schuster Inc., one of the great...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE TOP 10 PUBLISHERS Paperback Fiction. // Book Publishing Report;12/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p8
Lists the top 10 publishers for paperback fiction year-to-date 2003. Random House; Penguin Group USA; Simon and Schuster; HarperCollins; Time Warner; Holtzbrinck; Harlequin Book Publishing; Kensington; Harcourt; Norton; Tyndale House.
- Mysteries Dominating Hardcover Fiction List. // Book Publishing Report;3/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p7
The article reports on the ranking of publishing companies based on their sales performance in the U.S. which include Random House Inc., Penguin Group USA Inc., Simon & Schuster Inc. and Time Warner Books. Random House remains in the number one spot for two consecutive years in the hardcover...
- Penguin Leads Paperback Fiction List; Kite Runner Still Flying High. // Book Publishing Report;3/27/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p7
The article reports on the top publishing companies based on their sales of paperback fiction in the U.S. Penguin Group USA Inc. grabbed the number one spot in this category, which was attributed to the positive performance of "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. This company is followed by...