MTV/Pocket Books Introduces MTV Books Fiction For Teens
- 'I Want My MTV.' Frederick, Heather Vogel // Publishers Weekly;9/24/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 39, p40
Provides information on the book `MTV--Uncensored,' published by MTV/Pocket Books.
- Self-Help Book Publishers Find Good Subjects In Bad Times. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;11/26/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p1
Reports developments on book publications as of November 2001. Impact of the terrorist attacks on self-help book publishers; Launching of the novel of Jonathan Franzen 'The Corrections'; Sales of the novel 'Skipping Christmas' by John Grishams.
- NEW FACES, OLD FAVES. Archer, Bert // Quill & Quire;Jan1997, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p18
Presents information related to books and publishing as of January 1, 1997. List of novels to be published by the company Knopf; Launch of the third book by author Nancy Huston; List of short fiction books to be published in 1997. INSET: QUILL'S PICKS.
- THE ART OF NO-BUDGET MARKETING. // Quill & Quire;Dec2010, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p15
The article reports on the proposed marketing plan for a semi-randomly selected fiction title as found in the fall 2010 catalogue of a publisher.
- Of Risk and Renewal. Osborne, Catharine // Quill & Quire;Jan1998, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p16
Provides information on Canadian fiction titles to be released in the year 1998. 'The Handless Maiden,' by Loranne Brown; 'Forms of Devotion,' by Diane Schoemperlen; 'Blue Marrow,' by Louise Halfe; 'Traplines,' by Eden Robinson; 'Slammin' Tar,' by Cecil Foster; 'A Boy of Good Breeding,' by...
- Making Fiction Books. Grau, Renate // International Journal of the Book;2005/2006, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p61
According to the Book Industry Study Group, the overall book market relies significantly on the sales of fiction books, especially on bestsellers. As raised by leading UK publisher Macmillan, a major problem lies in finding talented authors; a paradox, given that authors typically struggle to...
- Book Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;9/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p5
Reports on developments in the book publishing industry in the U.S. Release by John Wiley & Sons Inc. of the special edition of the New York City Landmarks Commission's "The Guide to New York City Landmarks: 3rd Edition"; Reintroduction of the "First Amendment First Aid Kit" by Random House...
- 5-Year Mystery Category Review Shows Trade Paper's Growth, Expanding Author Influence. // Book Publishing Report;May2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p1
The article discusses the five-year mystery book review category in the U.S. It states that the mystery and detective categories remain in the top ten ranking. It mentions that publishers are putting more emphasis on the trade paperback format which readers are willing to buy. The article states...
- Fiction's Triple Play. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;7/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 30, p15
Provides information on the novels included in the hardcover charts of "Publishers Weekly." Title and author of the novels; Number of copies sold.