Sporting News Ready To Sell; Books Unit In Packaged Deal
- Faster, Tech TV! J. M. H. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the plans for the sale of Tech TV network. Efforts of G4 and Comcast to purchase the channel from Paul Allen's Vulcan Ventures.
- For Sale. // CableFAX Daily;2/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p2
Reports that Paul Allen is considering the sale of the Sporting News cable channel in 2006.
- TICK-TOCK FOR BIDS ON TECH TALKER. // Television Week;9/22/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p4
Presents an update on the efforts of billionaire Paul Allen to sell Tech TV in the U.S., as of September 2003. Number of bids received by the Greenbridge Group for the cable television network; Examples of programs shown on Tech TV.
- Allen Sells 'The Sporting News' Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/11/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p52
This article reports on the decision of Paul Allen, chairman of Charter Communications Inc. and co-founder of Microsoft Corp., to sell "The Sporting News." It is speculated that Allen sold the periodical for less than half of what he paid for it six years ago. The periodical was bought by Vulcan...
- Buyers wanted. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Apr2000, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p33
Reports on the options of retiring publishers on the sale of the publishing business in Canada. Doubts on the inclination of a large publisher to buy the business; Difficulty in identifying a potential partner; Reason of the discouragement of mergers between publishers by the Book Publishing...
- Publisher Acquisitions Listed in 'BP Report.'. // School Library Journal;Jan85, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the contents of the 'BP Report' of November 19, 1985. List of publishing firms sold in 1984; Acquiring companies.
- Focused on K-12 & Library, Haights Cross Sells a Legal Publisher. // Educational Marketer;4/14/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the sale of Andrews Publications, a legal publishing company of Haights Cross Communications, to West Co. in the U.S. Background of the business of Andrews; Reason for the sale of the enterprise; Comments of chief operating officer Tim McEwen on the sale of Andrews.
- Harris Sells Publishing Unit. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;9/3/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p31
Reports the selling of Harris Corp. publishing unit to MediaSpan in Raleigh, North Carolina. Reasons for the selling of the publishing unit; Appointment of executive Briggs Killborne as president of newspaper/media division of MediaSpan.
- FAR FROM PRIME. Bernstein, Jacob // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/12/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 54, p20
Reports on the sale of the 'New York' magazine of Primedia. Difficulty of the company to find a marquee executive; Demoralization of the staff.