S&S Grows 2% In 2005 After Backlist Gain; Strong Fourth Quarter
- S&S Has Strong Period, Expects More. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the increase in sales and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) of Simon & Schuster Inc. for the third quarter ended September 30, 2004. Contribution of operating divisions to the company's profit; Sales forecast for Christmas.
- Sales Up, Earnings Down at S&S. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/29/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 44, p17
Reports on the growth of sales and drop in earnings of Simon & Schuster for the third quarter of 2001. Reason for the drop in earnings; Increase in sales of the company for the first nine months of the year.
- Sales Rise at S&S. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 18, p13
Reports an increase in the sales of Simon & Schuster during the quarter ending March 31, 2003. Bestselling children's books; Significance of the increased sales to chief executive officer Jack Romanos.
- Sales, Earnings Fall at Simon & Schuster. Milliot, Jim; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/1/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 18, p10
Reports that revenues at Simon & Schuster fell for the first quarter ended March 31, 2000. Net loss of the company; Why company president, Jack Romanos was not surprised by the results.
- Sales, Earnings Improve At Simon & Schuster. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/30/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 44, p20
Reports on the improvement in the financial performance of Simon & Schuster in the third quarter of 2000. Increase in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization; Factors which contributed to the financial gains; Decline in sales for a nine-month period.
- Sales Rise, Earnings Fall At Simon & Schuster. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the profit drop posted by Simon & Schuster Inc. (S&S) in 2001. Factors attributed to the drop; Hits of S&S in the adult hardcover segment; Comments from Jack Romanos, company president.
- S&S Reports Double-Digit Sales Gains. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the increase in the sales of Simon & Schuster for the first quarter ended March 31, 2002. Factors which contributed to the results; Performances of its different divisions.
- A More Profitable 2015 For Simon & Schuster. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/15/2016, Vol. 263 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of publisher Simon & Schuster in 2015. Topics discussed include comments from chief executive officer Carolyn Reidy on the factors that contributed to the improvement in profits, the publisher's top sellers in 2015, and the company's plan to...
- After Record Year, S&S Expects 'Modest' '05. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the increase in the profits posted by Simon & Schuster (S&S) in 2004. Percentage of increase in the revenue at S&S; Forecast on the performance of several books in 2005; Significance of the release of the illustrated edition of the book "Angels & Demons," by Dan Brown in April 2005...