B... Be Good?
- Research Supports Vitamin B6-PMS Connection. Cerrato, Paul L. // RN;Jan2000, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p86
Presents medical evidence that vitamin B6 supplements are likely to help women suffering from premenstrual syndrome. Symptoms relieved by the vitamin.
- Research Roundup. // Environmental Nutrition;May2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p8
Presents findings of several nutrition research in the United States. Effectiveness of brisk walking in preventing heart disease; Importance of Vitamin B6 supplements; Scan Diet meal replacement system aids in weight loss.
- NUTRITION NOTES. // RN;Jun86, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p68
Presents nutrition-related information that are relevant to nursing. Symptoms of an allergic reaction to sulfites; Effectiveness of vitamin B[sub6] in treating skin cancer.
- 12 ESSENTIAL FACTS ABOUT VITAMIN B[sub 6]. Lally, Steven // Prevention;Jan89, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p61
Presents facts about vitamin B[sub 6]. Failure of most people to meet the U.S. recommended daily allowance for vitamin B[sub 6]; Drugs that may cause deficiencies despite adequate B[sub 6] intake; Role of B[sub 6] in counteracting kidney-stone disease and high estrogen levels.
- B vitamins for heart health. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jun94, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p35
Reports on the cardiovascular benefits of folic acid and vitamin B6. Recommended intake of folic acid and vitamin B6; Sources of folic acid and vitamin B6.
- Are You Getting Enough Vitamin B6? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Aug2008, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p6
The article presents the findings of the study conducted by Martha Savaria Morris and colleagues at the Tufts University in Boston, Massachusetts regarding intake of vitamin B6 among consumers in the U.S. The study found that individuals who have met the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) for...
- Intake of Folate and Related Nutrients in Relation to Risk of Epithelial Ovarian Cancer. Tworoger, Shelley S.; Hecht, Jonathan L.; Giovannucci, Edward; Hankinson, Susan E. // American Journal of Epidemiology;Jun2006, Vol. 163 Issue 12, p1101
Assessments of the relation between folate intake and ovarian cancer risk have been limited and inconsistent. Therefore, the authors prospectively examined the association of dietary and supplemental intakes of folate, methionine, and vitamin B6 with ovarian cancer risk among 80,254 Nurses'...
- Autism. // Latitudes Online;6/30/2006, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p9
The article focuses on the findings of a study regarding the plasma levels of vitamin B6 in autistic children. The vitamin has been proven to be beneficial in managing autism. However, a study revealed that vitamin B6 levels in plasma were high in autistic children, even when not supplemented....
- Magnesium and B6 found helpful for ADHD. // Latitudes Online;9/30/2006, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p15
The article presents an abstract of a medical research on the implications of magnesium and B6 intake for children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. It found that symptoms of hyperactivity, hyper-emotional response and aggressiveness and lack of attention have improved with...