Lessons Learned From Commissioning Green Buildings
- Justifying Flush Valve Commissioning. Jahrling, Peter // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Oct2004, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p55
Discusses the viability of building commissioning. Benefits of commissioning to the performance of building systems and equipment; Continuous commissioning tips for hardwired flush valves; Role of commissioning in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Green Building Rating System of...
- LEED EB Streamlines For 2008. // Engineered Systems;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p16
The article discusses the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) for Existing Buildings (EB) prerequisite for existing building commissioning by the U.S. Green Building Council. A building does not need to have been designed as a LEED-certified project to qualify for the LEED EB...
- Commercial building group supports green undertaking. // Concrete Products;Jan2007, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p22
The article reports on the Memorandum of Intent signed by the Building Owners and Managers Association and the U.S. Green Building Council, for the promotion of energy efficiency and environmentally responsible operations to building owners and operators. The initiatives include the...
- Real-time data helps buildings stay green. // Fast Company;Oct2014, Issue 189, p68
The article briefly describes a finalist in the publication's 2014 Innovation by Design competition, an interactive tool for tracking the energy consumption of a building as well as energy-related information on the employees working there, created by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Plan Early for LEED Commissioning. Wilkinson, Ron; D'Aquila, Michael // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Oct2004, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p13
Provides information on the U.S. Green Building Council Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification audit. Overview of the point system being used in the evaluation of certification; Lessons learned from a 2004 LEED commissioning audit.
- Building Controls & Green Buildings. Rios, J. Alberto // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p9
Looks at building-controls-related issues addressed by the U.S. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. Compliance requirements in the Energy and Atmosphere category; Ventilation in high-occupancy areas; Reasons for implementing a measurement-and-verification plan.
- Grassroots Efforts. Lewis, Kimberly // Environmental Design & Construction;Jul2012, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p29
The article offers updates on the achievements of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) chapters. USGBC Colorado chapter member Shane Gring co-founded BOULD, a social enterprise designed for affordable homes and green building education. The South Carolina USGBC chapter launched its Energy...
- ENERGY-SAVINGS SURVEY ANNOUNCED. // Sustainable Facility;Nov2008, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p9
The article announces the launching of the energy-savings survey conducted by various participating organizations. It is participated by firms who own or manage their facilities, focusing on industrial, government and medical facilities. It aims to help companies identify their "best bets" for...
- A Big Editorial Mesh. // Environmental Design & Construction;Feb2011, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p6
The article focuses on the availability of sustainable projects that include cool roofing, energy efficiency and codes in the U.S. It notes the capability of particular types of roofs to contribute to the certification of a green rating system. It mentions administration of continuing education...