Dehumidifiers With Energy Recovery Help School Improve IAQ, Efficiency
- Is The Driving Force For Finding The Right Vacuum. Welsh, Hollis // Cleaning & Maintenance Management;Apr2009, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p35
This article looks at effective ways to combat indoor air pollutants. Particular focus is given to the importance of maintaining a healthy level of indoor air quality (IAQ). Vacuums that incorporate a quality high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter are effective in eliminating indoor air...
- Indoor air quality investigation protocols. Greene, Robert E.; Williams, Phillip L. // Journal of Environmental Health;Oct1996, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p6
Presents an overview of indoor air quality (IAQ) investigation protocols published in the United States since 1984. Classification of IAQ protocols into solution-oriented, building diagnostics, industrial hygiene and epidemiology; Generic IAQ protocol; Measurement standards; Medical evaluations;...
- RSES Seminar Addresses IAQ. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;06/24/2002, Vol. 216 Issue 8, p6
Discusses the issue of indoor air quality and the preventative and corrective steps to ensure clean air in Illinois.
- An Air of Concern. Gembala, Walter W. // American School & University;Apr99, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p40
Discusses the characteristics of a comprehensive indoor air quality (IAQ) program. Signs that indicate a facility with IAQ problems; Potential causes of poor IAQ; Categories that group IAQ problems and methods for lowering indoor air pollutants.
- Poor building maintenance linked to most IAQ problems. // Engineered Systems;May96, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p14
Reports that operation and maintenance procedures have a dramatic impact on indoor air quality, according to speakers at ASHRAE's winter meeting. Impacts coming from the areas of ventilation, temperature and microbial contamination; Problem of poor filtration; Training for maintenance staff.
- The top ten (plus two) list of commonly asked IAQ questions. Kynoch, J. Brent // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Apr96, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p55
Focuses on several issues related to Indoor Air Quality. Sick Building Syndrome; Common health complaints associated with indoor air quality; Cost of poor indoor air quality.
- Commissioning: Getting it right. Thatcher, Timothy R. // Engineered Systems;Jul99, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p40
Discusses the activities performed by the author to verify proper indoor air quality (IAQ). IAQ factors; Need to include IAQ items as part of the commissioning design review; Design of the IAQ criteria; Effect of mechanical system design on IAQ parameters; Considerations in creating a...
- Instructions for breathing easier. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jul1999, Vol. 107 Issue 7, pA347
Focuses on the need to reduce indoor air pollutants in the United States by improving air quality inside homes. Identification of contaminants which include formaldehyde, radon gas and deteriorating paint; Web site containing strategies to reduce indoor air contamination.
- A healthy home environment? Manuel, John // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jul1999, Vol. 107 Issue 7, pA352
Focuses on the declining indoor air quality in home in the United States causing indoor air pollution problems. Causes of indoor carbon gas pollution; Volatile organic compounds coming from household products, appliances and chlorinated water; Sources of biological contaminants from mold and...