Ventilation for an Industrial Plating Process
- Ventilation for an Industrial Plating Process. Burd, Alexander L.; Burd, Galina S.; De Maio, Mauro // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jan2006, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p25
The article discusses the design and installation of a ventilation system that helped improve plating-process operating energy efficiency at the plant of Smith & Wesson in Springfield, Massachusetts. In this paper, the plating process at the plant is discussed. A figure that illustrates the...
- When the going gets too tough... Turner, W. Pitt; Koplin, Edward C. // Engineered Systems;Mar1996, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p77
Deals with tough duty heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems in mechanical plants. Definition of tough duty systems; Importance of the size of the vav distribution boxes; Relieving control systems of tough-duty operation.
- Draining condensate from steam process heaters. Risko, James R.; Foszcz, Joseph L. // Plant Engineering;Dec96, Vol. 50 Issue 13, p74
Discusses the maintenance of proper condensate drainage from steam process heaters of industrial plants. Causes of poor condensate drainage; Requirements for good condensate drainage; Draining of steam traps; Prevention of condensate back-up.
- 12 ways to find time for maintenance. Shiver, Jeff // Plant Engineering;May2015, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p14
The article provides tips for industrial maintenance managers on how to find opportunities for scheduling plant maintenance activities citing possible issues of lack of reliability and industrial capacity.
- HVAC & loT: Smartest Way to Cut Energy Consumption. Hitch, John // New Equipment Digest;Dec2015, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p17
The article discusses how Internet of Things (IoT) sensors and control solutions can be used for upgrading heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) technology in the industries, and for keeping a check on electricity bills, and offers views of Alex Herceg, from Lux Research, on the same.
- HVLS = Cool efficiency. // Plant Engineering;Jul2008, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p37
The article reports on the importance of high volume low speed (HVLS) fans to manufacturing plants in the U.S. According to the article, the implementation of the HVLS fans can keep the workforce comfortable and productive while taking a big bite out of a facility's energy consumption. The...
- Ammonia, ice storage part of cooling system. // Engineered Systems;Mar1996, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p30
Reports on the industrial cooling system installed in Miller Electric Manufacturing Co.'s plant in Appleton, Wisconsin. Functions and features; Comments from system designer Bill Bassett, president of Bassett Mechanical Contractors and Engineers.
- Alcon Laboratories ups its energy efficiency. // Engineered Systems;Sep95, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p39
Looks at how Alcon Laboratories selected its boiler room system components for the energy management system of its production facility. Details on its production facility; Emissions control effort; Design for future growth.
- Air curtains provide key to Kwikset's winter problem. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/05/98, Vol. 205 Issue 5, p15
Describes how Kwikset Corp. was able to control inside temperatures at its assembly plant in Anaheim, California, using a Mars Air Door air curtain system. Installation of air curtains; Aim to improve the comfort of plant workers; Process of temperature control; Contact information.