SECURITIES IN REGISTRATION: DEBT
- In brief. // Nature;7/12/2007, Vol. 448 Issue 7150, p121
The article offers news briefs related to health care industry in the U.S. Abbott Laboratories Inc. will sell its AIDS drug Kaletra for a reduced price in Brazil, lifting the threat that the country may license it mandatorily. A 2,000-page intellectual property (IP) guidebook has been compiled...
- Jumping in, ready or not. Chase, Brett // Crain's Chicago Business;8/15/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p4
The article reports on Advanced Life Sciences Holdings Inc. which offered its stock at $5 a share on August 5, 2005, less than half the company's initial estimate. The stock closed at $5.04. Woodridge-based Advanced Life is licensing from Abbott Laboratories Inc. a drug to fight a strain of...
- Abbott eyes boon from new arthritis drug. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;5/6/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p9
Reports the government approval of the rheumatoid arthritis drug D2E7, made by Abbott Laboratories in Chicago, Illinois. Review of the licensing application by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration; Projections on drug sales; Advertising on the effectiveness of the drug in treating the disease.
- Serious side effects force temafloxacin's pull from market. // RN;Aug92, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p83
Reports that Abbott Laboratories has voluntarily withdrawn the broad-spectrum quinolone temafloxacin (Omnifloz) from the market following reports of 50 serious adverse reactions. What the problems included; Most reactions were unexpected; What is listed on the package insert.
- 1% credit. Fleming Jr, Harris // Drug Topics;5/4/98, Vol. 142 Issue 9, p66
Reports that effective April 1, 1998 Abbott Laboratories Incorporated eliminated its return goods policy. Reaction of some pharmacists to this move; Contents of a letter from Abbott; Comments made by Abbot manager of trade relations Tip Parker; Reason for this move by Abbott Laboratories.
- Abbott Critical Care to bring warehouse functions in-house. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;07/20/98, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on Abbott Critical Care's plans to bring warehouse operations in-house with the construction of an addition to its facility in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Abbott GMP trouble spread to drug plant. Dickinson, James G. // Medical Marketing & Media;Dec2002, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p26
Focuses on the manufacturing problems faced by drug company Abbott Laboratories in the Austin, Texas. Fines paid by the company following the Food and Drug Administration's inspection; Failure of the medical device facility to follow procedures; Validation needed for Abbott's automated equipments.
- Abbott quarterly dividend complements sales & revenue growth. Martinez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;9/19/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p14
Reports that pharmaceutical company Abbott Laboratories Inc. has declared its second quarter dividends during the week ended September 14, 2002 which reflects a growth in sales revenue during the quarter. Percentage increase in dividends per share during the quarter compared to that in the...
- PLANT OPENINGS & EXPANSIONS. // Food Engineering;Apr2012, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p15
This section offers news briefs on U.S. plant openings or expansions including the construction of Abbot Laboratories' plant in Ohio, and the upgrades to the beef plant of Tyson Fresh Meats Inc. in Nebraska, and the plan of Pepsi Co. and Theo MÃ¼ller to build a yogurt facility in New York.