More Bond Managers Turning to Loans
- Trust preferred CDOs gain clout. Iyer, Savita // Private Placement Letter;9/9/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p1
Reports that collateralized debt obligations (CDO) exclusively secured by a portfolio of bank trust preferred securities have been a steadily growing part of the securitization market. Increased interest from potential investors; Rise in the number of CDO issues.
- Europe's CDO market moves, players aren't sure where. // Asset Securitization Report;1/27/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p6
Presents an update on developments in the collateralized debt obligation (CDO) market in Europe as of January 27, 2003. Decline in the number of issuance in 2002; Investors' decision not to venture intro the asset class; Clarification that only a few CDO were responsible for the bulk of...
- Advisers are urged to check collateral risk. Stodell, Hannah // Money Marketing;3/19/2009, p7
The article reports on the call of Schroders structured investments manager John Teahan on financial advisers to check collateral risks of capital-protected structured products in Great Britain. Teahan suggests that advisers should consider whether issuers of such products were covered by...
- ING considers new CLO with distressed basket. McDermott, Judy // Asset Securitization Report;1/19/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p11
Reports that ING Capital Advisors, an investment advisor specializing in managing floating-rate senior secured loan portfolios and high-yield bonds, plans to launch a collateralized loan obligation (CLO) by the end of the first quarter. Planned CLO to be between $300 million and $400 million in...
- CLO Managers Rush To Amend WAS Restrictions. // Bank Loan Report;10/17/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p9
Reports that collateralized loan obligation (CLO) managers has been requesting to lower the weighted average spread (WAS) requirements within their portfolios in the U.S. Remarks from the Standard & Poor's Corp.; Percentage of vintage CLO managers who failed in their WAS requirements since 2000;...
- Europe Needs New Debt Structures. R. K. // Bank Loan Report;6/2/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p1
The article stresses the need for the European bank loans sector to change the structuring of its loan investment products. Peter Gleysteen, chairman of Commercial Industrial Finance Corp. said that bankers should create new kinds of loan investment products rather than selling loans one at a...
- CLO Spread Levels Bode Poorly For 2003. Hintze, John // Bank Loan Report;12/1/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p1
Reports on analysts' view that a continuation of the trend of unusually wide spreads on collateralized loan obligations (CLO) beyond December 2003 bodes poorly for new CLO issuance.
- CLOs Could Rise from the Dust of Lehman Brothers. Colter, Allison Bisbey // American Banker;8/4/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 120, p16
The article focuses on the outlook for the U.S. market for collateralized loan obligations (CLOs) in light of a Lehman Brothers' commercial-loans deal with WCAS Fraser Sullivan Investment Management company that was filed in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Manhattan, New York on July 27, 2011.
- 2002 CDO market centers on transparency, but why now? C. M. O. // Private Placement Letter;12/16/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p5
Focuses on collateralized debt obligation market in 2002. Provision of portfolio-specific information to investors; Marketing strategies of bankers.