HISTORY AND SCIENCE MUSEUMS
- Gallery Night roundup. Hamilton, Justin // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);4/18/2011, p11
The article reviews several art exhibitions in Milwaukee, Wisconsin including the 45th Anniversary Exhibition to be held at the David Barnett Gallery, Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design's (MIAD) annual senior thesis exhibition and the exhibition at the Hanson Dodge Creative Gallery.
- Great Escapes. // History Today;Oct2004, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p3
Reviews the art exhibition "Great Escapes," at the Imperial War Museum in London, England, from October 16, 2004 to July 31, 2005.
- How About a Little Art With Your History? // Sandlapper: The Magazine of South Carolina;Spring2007, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p88
The article reviews the art exhibition "The Art of History" at the Greenville County Museum of Art in South Carolina.
- Exhibition 2: Prime Mover: Conceptualism in Motion. Eamon, Christopher // PUBLIC;Oct2012, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p33
PUBLIC 46: Prime Mover is a selection of five essays corresponding to five hypothetical exhibitions of works from an influential private collection with which Eamon was professionally involved for more than ten years. The collection, one of the first in private hands to focus almost exclusively...
- History and the West not lost in costumes. Price, Mike // Fort Worth Business Press;8/8/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p23
Presents information on art exhibitions in Texas as of August 8, 2003. "Creating Hollywood's West: Historic Costumes and Reproductions from Cathy A. Smith" at the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame; Exhibit on Egyptian history and culture at the Kimbell Art Museum.
- The Persistence of History. Lyon, Christopher; Wei, Lilly // Art in America;Apr2005, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p63
The article reports that when curator Aneta Szylak was offered the Poznaski Palace, now Lodz's history museum, as a venue for the first Biennale of Polish Art, she insisted on using the entire building, not just the temporary exhibition spaces. Szylak, who had worked in a history museum early in...
- Discussion On 'Art History and the 'Blockbuster' Exhibition.' Freedberg, S.J.; Spear, Richard E.; Jackson-Stops, Gervase // Art Bulletin;Jun87, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p295
Presents comments on an article concerning art history and the blockbuster exhibition. Effects of blockbuster exhibitions on art historians and museum curators; Benefits of the exhibition 'The Treasure House of Britain.'
- Lettre de Chine. // Beaux Arts Magazine;jan2009, Issue 295, p18
This article discusses the presentation of the history of art in China to be done at the Europalia festival.
- HISTORY AND SCIENCE MUSEUMS. Rosenberg, Karen // New York;9/26/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 33, p86
Presents several exhibitions on history and scientific discoveries held in various art museums in New York City in September 2005. "Dinosaurs: Ancient Fossils, New Discoveries," an exhibition which highlights the latest theories and discoveries in dinosaur biology held at the American Museum of...