- Hurricane threatens dealers. // Automotive News;9/26/2005, Vol. 80 Issue 6167, p3
The article discusses the economic impact of Hurricane Rita on the automobile industry. As Hurricane Rita closed on the Gulf Coast Friday evening, it threatened to close as many as one-fourth of the Texas' 1,300 dealers, predicted Walter Wainwright, president of the Houston Automobile Dealers...
- Pakistani guard slashed to death. // Malay Mail;5/17/2012, p14
The article reports that a Pakistani security guard was killed by two men at a quarry factory in Kuang, Malaysia in May 2012.
- Twilight of Dreams. McFadden, Tom // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;2/25/2004, Vol. 291 Issue 8, p918
Presents a poem on the twilight of dreams as seen through the eyes of a security guard in a medical facility. Comparison of dimming the physical and metaphysical lights.
- Hot seat. // PC Week;9/11/95, Vol. 12 Issue 36, pE5
Reports on Charles Jones of Camcare Inc.'s belief that computerized electronic medical or patient record is doable.
- Shooting a Subject Over and Over? Take a Different Approach Each Time. Douglis, Philip N. // Communication World;Apr/May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p40
Among the most common problems in organizational photojournalism is having to shoot the same kinds of subject matter over and over again. A numbing redundancy usually sets in. If every picture starts looking like every other picture, readers will quickly lose interest. If organizational editors...
- Attracting qualified personnel in times of full employment. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2000, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p65
Offers tips on recruitment and retainment of qualified personnel in a private security company. Includes creation of a positive working environment; Transformation of security job into a multi-tasking career; Expansion of bonus pool; Extension of recruitment hours.
- Safely Managing Anger, Hostility, Violence. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2002, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p9
Reports the program of the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) on training security professionals on crisis prevention in Brookfields, Wisconsin. Importance of CPI program on meeting environmental needs; Total number of participants; Purpose of the program.
- fyi... // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2002, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p9
Assesses the income of security/loss prevention practitioners in the U.S. Places giving higher salary rate; Type of companies employing loss prevention practitioners; Estimation on the annual salary of security personnel.
- Saving Lives. Bart, Russell // Scholastic Choices;Feb/Mar2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p32
Presents a case of Imo Aisiku, who went from hospital security guard to an emergency room physicians.