EXCLUSIVE: Commitment, Knowledge Mark First-ever Security Officer of the Year
- Officer training, regulation laws deserve supports. Hertig, Christoper A. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p85
Emphasizes the importance of security officer training and regulation laws. New York State regulations; Illinois Department of Regulations and Education's rules; Minnesota law on the use of force in security enforcement; British Columbia training requirements; Future trends.
- Regulation needed in security industry. vad der Walt, Douw // Finance Week;09/17/99, p27
Discusses the problems that have to be addressed by the security industry of South Africa. Ratio of security guards to policemen; Advertisement of phantom services; Poor training of guards; Underpayment and other illegal labor practices.
- Security Firms Boosted by Y2K Fears. Lin, Alexandra // Orange County Business Journal;02/28/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p3
Reports on a strong year for Orange County, California security guard firms due to fears of year 2000 computer problems. Total billings in 1999; Top firms.
- Security guard firms. Ito-Peterson, Yoko // Orange County Business Journal;02/28/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p18
Presents a list of security guard firms in Orange County, California. Includes information on hours billed for the 12 months ended June 30, 1999; Number of employees; Number of accounts served; Partial list of services.
- SECURITY OFFICERS. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov97, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p115
Provides information on the use of contract security officers by corporate organizations in the United States. Sectors in which the shift to armed officers is most pronounced; Growth in the number of security officers who are armed or have been trained to be armed; Nonsecurity-related tasks...
- PRIVATE PROTECTION: SECURITY OFFICERS IN ALASKA. Gudde, Levi // Alaska Business Monthly;Jun2000, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p62
Reports on the growth of the private security sector in Alaska. Estimates on the number of licensed private security officers in the state; Annual expenditures for private security; Factors contributing to the growth of the sector and the limited growth of public law enforcement in the state.
- Midnight cowboys. Martin, Brett // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/15/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6067, p20
Looks at private security guards in Australia as of April, 1997. Comparison of the number of security guards to the number of police; Poor training and discipline among security guards; A report from the New South Wales Industrial Relations Commission calling for tight, uniform national...
- Cleaning up a safety act. van der Kooy, Rob // Finance Week;02/25/2000, p32
Reports that the Security Officers' Interim Board is publishing a discussion document which is intended to lead to a new bill for the security industry in South Africa, in August 2000. Aim of the document; Extent to which the document meet the needs and desires of the private sector; Things...
- Fresh Faces. DuCanto, Joseph N. // Buildings;Sep99, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p30
Reveals the characteristics of a good security officer within a building. What an electronic security system should include; What a good security program should encourage; Events that call for extra vigilance within an office building.