Check the Patterns
- Nonresidential CCTV buying strong. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug99, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p203
Reports the popularity of video surveillance products and systems in the United States. Survey conducted by Security Magazine on the search for upgrades on closed-circuit television systems; Impact of dealer channel regarding selling and installation of video equipment.
- Five-Minute TECH QUIZ. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p35
Presents a quiz about security systems. Memory-type smart card; Biometric identification; Examples of a fingerprint reader technology; Facial recognition technology; Flash memory devices.
- Activity Representation Using 3D Shape Models. Abdelkader, Mohamed F.; Roy-Chowdhury, Amit K.; Chellappa, Rama; Akdemir, Umut // EURASIP Journal on Image & Video Processing;2008 Special Issue 2, Vol. 2008, p1
We present a method for characterizing human activities using 3D deformable shape models. The motion trajectories of points extracted fromobjects involved in the activity are used to buildmodels for each activity, and thesemodels are used for classification and detection of unusual activities....
- Hierarchical Model-Based Activity Recognition With Automatic Low-Level State Discovery. Muncaster, Justin; Yunqian Ma // Journal of Multimedia;Sep2007, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p66
Activity recognition in video streams is increasingly important for both the computer vision and artificial intelligence communities. Activity recognition has many applications in security and video surveillance. Ultimately in such applications one wishes to recognize complex activities, which...
- Study of Robust and Intelligent Surveillance in Visible and Multimodal Framework. Kumar, Praveen; Mittal, Ankush; Kumar, Padam // Informatica (03505596);Apr2008, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p63
This paper gives a review of current state of the art in the development of robust and intelligent surveillance systems, going beyond traditional vision based framework to more advanced multi-modal framework. The goal of automated surveillance system is to assist the human operator in scene...
- Accurate Moving Target Detection Based on Background Subtraction and SUSAN. Jun Zhang; Shukui Xu; Kuihua Huang; Tingjin Luo // International Journal of Computer & Electrical Engineering;Aug2012, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p436
Moving target detection is a fundamental problem in computer vision. Most target detection methods only detect the rough area of the target. However, there are also many applications (e.g., advanced video surveillance system, hybrid video camera system, etc.) need to detect the accurate target...
- CHANGING VIEWS. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2001 Market Place, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p10
Presents an interview with Craig Chucker, a division manager of the Department of Safety on the knowledge about digital recording/storage and surveillance over the internet in College Park, Maryland. Benefit in using technologies.
- AmerAlarm's mobile system makes surveillance simpler. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p4
Focuses on the electronic surveillance system offered by Cleveland, Ohio-based security systems company AmerAlarm Inc. Functionality and applications; Price range of the security system; Advantages of business from using such surveillance system.
- BACKGROUND SUBTRACTION METHODS FOR MOTION DETECTION IN VIDEO SURVEILLANCE SYSTEMS. Boris, Nikolov; Nikolay, Kostov; Nikolay, Velikov // Journal of Marine Technology & Environment;2010, Vol. 2, p107
A main activity of many computer vision systems is foreground object detection. Motion is used in a video sequences to identify target objects. Many background subtraction methods have been proposed to identify motion that belongs to a moving object. Each has advantages and disadvantages when it...