An IP Migration Strategy
- Samsung Exec Sees Fast-track Eye on Web-ready Cameras. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2002, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p22
Focuses on the advantages of the development of Web-ready closed-circuit television cameras on the security systems of companies in the U.S. Inclusion of built-in motion detection and alarm input; Cooperation with information technology departments; Capacity in capturing alarm incident...
- CCTV Trends Report. Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2001 Market Place, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p9
Focuses on the security and safety benefit of the Closed-circuit Television (CCTV) systems. Implementation of video surveillance to minimize loss and limiting liability; Augmentation of the total annual budgets for the security system; Increase of security dealer revenue of the CCTV products...
- A pan-tilt-zoom view of the CCTV market. Stepanek, Laura E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug99, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p69
Examines the market for closed-circuit television (CCTV) products and services in the United States. Median expenditure for CCTV products and services for year 2000; Impact of CCTV market share on security dealers and systems integrators; Impact of the reduction of prices for CCTV products on...
- Certification Program Reaches Milestone. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2007, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p34
The article reports on the Video Security Systems (VSS) examination suites released by the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) in Alexandria, Virginia. The system is categorized in types A, B and C designed by a group of experts as a method of relating each...
- Competence is the Thing. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2005, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p48
Interviews Dave Smith, chairman of the Security Industry Association Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV)Industry Group about video surveillance. State of technology and development in video security; Obstacles facing security professionals; Impact of the digital revolution on video security systems.
- Networked Security installed at 'Green' Co-op in Big Apple. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2005, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p24
The article presents information about the security system installed for residents of 1400 on Fifth Avenue buildings in Manhattan, New York by Nortronics Corp. The security system designed for the buildings uses the latest in new closed-circuit television (CCTV) over IP technology. It was...
- Solihull fights crime on local estates with Â£2.5m IP-based CCTV network. Kamath, John-Paul // Computer Weekly;5/22/2007, p40
The article reports that the community housing department of Solihull Council in Great Britain has installed an Internet protocol-closed circuit TV network to fight crimes on the estates. The network offers a 24- hour monitoring of the sites through a central command center which captures and...
- MARKET PERSPECTIVE. Whitehurst, Susan // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2000, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on an increase in sales of electronic security systems in the United States. Debate over the use of electronic security systems versus the use of people; Popularity of closed circuit television (CCTV) surveillance; High involvement of dealers in CCTV sales.
- Tone is Set for Responsible CCTV. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec99, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p30
Reports on the United States Attorney General's office's launch of surprise inspections of manufacturers and distributors of closed-circuit televisions (CCTV). US Justice Department's uncovering of alleged violations of the US wiretapping laws; Focus on CCTV cameras with covert audio capabilities.