Gun Clash on Workplace Property
- CAUGHT IN A GUNFIGHT. Liston, Barbara // Time;2/20/2006, Vol. 167 Issue 8, p17
This article looks at the Florida Chamber of Commerce's fight against a National Rifle Association-supported bill that would guarantee the right to bring guns to work. The guns would have to remain locked up in the employees' cars. Uncooperative employers would be fined under the law. A similar...
- The gun. Berendt, John // Esquire;Sep93, Vol. 120 Issue 3, p39
Discusses the proliferation of firearms bought and owned by civilians. Statistics of gun deaths from suicide, homicide and accidents; Guns' phallic symbolism; National Rifle Association's (NRA) opposition to gun control; Use of the Second Amendment; NRA's opposition to banning weapons that...
- There's a war on at home. Alter, Jonathan // Newsweek;9/27/1993, Vol. 122 Issue 13, p42
Opinion. Focuses on the United States' gun culture and contends that guns themselves should be blamed as well as criminals. NRA-addled legislators; How the US gun culture is undermining the values it was meant to protect; The routinized fear that is so much a part of US life; Handgun Control...
- What about guns? S.F. // World & I;Jun96, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p76
Argues for gun control through registration of all guns. Membership and budget of the National Rifle Association (NRA); Success of NRA in political lobbying; Legitimate uses of handguns; Number of persons killed with handguns in the United States and other western countries in 1992.
- The gun lobby. Gest, Ted // U.S. News & World Report;5/22/95, Vol. 118 Issue 20, p37
Focuses on the National Rifle Association (NRA), America's most formidable champion of the right to keep and bear arms. The group's increasingly fiery rhetoric; How the NRA's reputation and legislative agenda has been impacted by the Oklahoma City bombing; How attacks on the group produce...
- NRA vs. 82nd Airborne Division. Bishop, Ed // St. Louis Journalism Review;Nov2002, Vol. 32 Issue 251, p3
Comments on gun control in the U.S. National Rifle Association's (NRA) opposition to plans for a national ballistics database; Second Amendment claims of the NRA.
- Meeting the NRA at midnight. // American Enterprise;May/Jun95, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p13
Opposes gun control advocates' view of National Rifle Association (NRA) members as the main enemies of law and order instead of the young, black gangsters. General profile of NRA members.
- NRA: Exposed or demonized? Goode, Stephen // Insight on the News;2/3/97, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p8
Criticizes the efforts of gun-control advocates in their effort to influence the National Rifle Association (NRA) to control the issuance of firearms to Americans. Duties and responsibilities of NRA; Firearms ownership as an issue on American freedom; Description of pro-gun-control advocates;...
- Deflecting Crayon Bullets. Gorman, Siobhan // National Journal;10/10/98, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p2388
Focuses on the efforts of the National Rifle Association to educate school children in the United States about guns. Programs of the United States government to lessen and prevent shootings in school campuses; Incidents involving children shooting their peers in schools.