Texas School Gets IP Security System
- Convergint Technologies' Awarded. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2009, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p32
The article announces that Convergint Technologies LLC has been awarded the Global Security Integration's 2010 Operational Excellence Award.
- Local schools implement ID requirement for visitors. RUSHIN, CHERRY // Graham Leader;8/28/2013, Vol. 138 Issue 4, p2
The article focuses on the new security system implemented at the Graham Independent School District (ISD) in Graham, Texas, which requires school visitors to scan their licensed identification card upon their first visit in the school.
- Convergint Technologies Expands New England Business With Acquisition. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2015, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p32
The article reports on the acquisition of GS Security Systems Inc. by the electronic security company Convergint Technologies, which will enable Convergint to provide a range of security and fire services in New England, and offers views of Dan Moceri, of Convergint Technologies, on the expansion.
- New Office for Systems Integrator. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2008, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p27
The article reports on the opening of Covergint Technologies' newest technology center in Littleton, Colorado. The new facility will help in designing, installing and servicing electronic security systems and will help the company in building a stronger presence in the Rocky Mountain region. The...
- School Shootings. Gardiner, Scott // Buildings;Mar2004, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p30
Focuses on the success of the installation of an electronic surveillance system from Sony in preventing school shootings at the Grossmont Union School District in San Diego County, California. Components of the surveillance system; Features of the surveillance system; Applications of the system.
- DOES THE EYE SPY? Villano, Matt // T H E Journal;Nov2007, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p26
The article discusses the issues facing school districts in the U.S. concerning the adoption of school security equipment. A report released by technology reseller CDW-G reveals that 63 percent of the 381 responding districts said they have installed security cameras. Information is presented on...
- Border Patrol. Hall, Julie // American School & University;Oct2005, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p40
Offers a look at the security management systems and technologies implemented by various schools across the U.S. Application of Internet Protocol in the security system of Eastchester Union Free School District in Westchester, New York; Proximity lock system at Montgomery County Public Schools...
- School Security Lessons Learned. Hodgson, Karyn // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2016, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p62
The article discusses aspects of school security and the lessons learned by security integrators, security system manufacturers, and school security experts. He believes that K-12 school shootings have become a commonplace that they no longer even command a 24-hour news cycle. The author adds...
- Philadelphia district says school security is lax at some campuses. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;1/18/2013, p1
The article focuses on a statement by the School District of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania about its lax security at some campuses, as of January 2013.